This was taken today, I am happy to report that the moth is doing really well, we even let it out of cage for a fly around the room. On Grahame’s instruction yesterday I made up a sugar and water solution , stirring the sugar until it disolved and then adding more and more until it was like a syrup. Then we cut a square of yellow and a square of blue sponge cloths and dipped them in the sugar syrup. Then we put them on a dish and into the cage. It acts as a replacement for the nectar they would normally sip from the flowers.
I have another 3-4 cocoons that are waiting to hatch, it may be that they are hatching because we have started using the central heating as the weather is colder now.