The Vac loves old posters, especially old announcement and propaganda posters. This set is from the First World War, a batch of propaganda posters. All are from the public domain, cropped, color corrected, and converted to vector. The Vac does NOT promote war, but thinks that for both historical and artistic reasons, knowing this material is very worthwhile. Many after the Great War said, “Never again,” And WWII followed a few scant years later.
These posters cover propaganda from many parties – the US, Germany, Great Britain, and more. The Vac sincerely hopes you find some comfort and understanding from these, and remember: There is always hope in learning from the past.
The process for rebuilding these posters is as follows:
1) Posters are converted from source format to an editable format if necessary.
2) During conversion the sRGB colorspace is applied.
3) The posters are cropped where necessary to remove areas of scan/photograph that didn’t include the map itself, namely scanner deck and similar.
4) Where applicable the colors are edited – usually in cases of severe yellowing – to improve readability while keeping as much evidence of wear and tear as possible.
5) In some few cases, the posters are further edited to remove uneven edges and scanner deck colors. This occurs where an edge of a poster has been folded under or there’s a curve deformation in the scan. This is not usually done in cases where the poster has a physical hole. Occasionally, a deck color will be used for a framing effect.
6) Posters are converted to vector for scalability.
7) Posters are then saved from vector to JPG for application to products.
Posters are largely titled by text content in the posters themselves. In some cases, posters are also titled by subject matter.
All edits, color corrections, and digital work beyond the initial archival scan are done by the Vac of wetdryvac.net.
The Vac also does custom poster modifications. If you’d like custom text or layout added to a poster to reflect a game character, a personal idea of importance, or similar, the Vac is happy to make that go for you as well for a price. The price for the edits is in addition to the price you pay for the print here – the Vac prefers to use Red Bubble even in cases of direct sale.
-Wetdryvac / Wetdryvac.net
Prêtez vos billets de banque à la France Prenez des bons de la défense nationale by wetdryvac