Formerly in the county of West Lothian, South Queensferry lies 10 miles (16 km) west of Edinburgh. It has been an important crossing at least since 1071 when Malcolm III granted free passage at the ‘Queens Ferry’ for pilgrims on their way to St Andrews. A ferry service operated until 1964, the year the Forth Road Bridge was opened.
South Queensferry was created a Burgh of Regality in the 13th century and made a Royal Burgh in 1636. It traded actively with Europe in the 17th century.
Today, South Queensferry is a dormitory settlement for Edinburgh.
Three bracketed RAWs Tonemapped in Photomatix Pro.
Camera: Sony NEX-7
Lens: Tamron 18-200mm f/3.5-6.3 Di III VC
BEST VIEWED LARGER
Featured in : THE BEST OF ANYTHING & EVERYTHING : 18 Feb 13
Featured in : #1 ARTISTS OF REDBUBBLE : 18 Feb 13
Featured in : YOU GOT IT, WE WANT IT : 20 Feb 13
Featured in : A Place To Call Home : 1 Mar 13
Featured in : Artists Universe : 9 Apr 13