Looking East along the Paseo Principal, the wide lawn with a footpath on each side which cuts right through the Campo del Moro Gardens (Moorish Camp), located at the West side of the Palacio Real de Madrid (The Royal Palace of Madrid).
In the centre of the Paseo Principal is the 17th-century Fountain of the Tritons which originally stood in the Jardin del Palacio de Aranjuez.
The gardens are named so because it is thought that this is where the troops of the Muslim leader Ali ibn Yusuf camped in 1109 during an attempted reconquest of Madrid.
Three bracketed RAWs Tonemapped in Photomatix Pro 4.2.4.
Camera: Sony NEX-7
Lens: Tamron 18-200mm f/3.5-6.3 Di III VC
BEST VIEWED LARGER