The Market Cross is the site of one of Penrith’s first Gas lamps. In 1850, 57 Gas Lamps were tended by stokers from the Penrith Gas Light and Coke Co.
Camera: Canon EOS 60D
Lens: Canon EF-S 17-85mm IS USM
BEST VIEWED LARGER
Single RAW image Tonemapped in Photomatix Pro 4.0.2.
Featured in : Beautiful North of England. UK : 20 Jul 11