This lighthouse was built in England in 1874 by Chance Brothers & Co of Birmingham and was transported to Australia by sea in 1883. and erected next to the McCrae Boat Club Nepean Highway McCrae.
The structure, which is listed on Victoria’s Historic Buildings Register, is one of two such types remaining in Australia and at 33.5 metres is the tallest building in Port Phillip Bay.
The lighthouse was decommissioned in 1994, following modernisation of other navigational aids in Port Phillip Bay.
D300; Nikkor 18-200mm ED VR
F/l 175 mm , 1/1000s, F8.0, ISO :200