Convict built stone building, now a work shed. Once abandoned now restored. The courtyard is made up of thousands of rounded, hand sized rocks laid out in patterns where the convicts had to line up in groups for work details. The courtyard was covered by 1/2 a metre [18 inches] of soil that had built up over the last 150 years before the present owners set about preserving & clearing the site.
Featured in Tables & Chairs
Over 80 convicts were kept there in the early to mid 1800’s.
Rocky Hills, Tasmania, Australia