Loughborough Carillon is a carillon and war memorial in Loughborough, Leicestershire, England. It is in Queen’s Park, and is a well known landmark, visible from several miles away. It is 152 feet (46 m) high.
Plans were finalised in 1919 and when completed in 1923 it was the first grand carillon in England, the concept being associated with Belgium where so many British servicemen lost their lives during the 1914–1918 Great War. The Carillon was designed by Sir Walter Tapper, and is now grade II listed The carillon has 47 bells, all of which were cast at John Taylor Bell Foundry in Loughborough.
The dedication was held on Sunday 22 July 1923, led by Bishop of Peterborough, Frank Theodore Woods and Field Marshall Sir William Robertson.
The tower features the War Memorial Museum, with three floors of military memorabilia. Exhibits include artifacts from each of the armed forces, including one Victoria Cross. (Info Source: Wikipedia)
Please Also See:
Nikon D60, tamron 10-24 mm lens @ 11 mm, f/7.1, 1/200, ISO 100, handheld, no flash.
single file converted to 3 exposures in PS (-1, 0, 1).
tone mapped in Photomatix.