Long recognized as a Art Deco fans dream city, Detroit grew in leaps and bounds in the late 1890’s to early 1900’s. This was spurred on all that way by the new automobile output need for America.
This impressively lit and triangularly shaped building, The Water Board was completed in 1928. The building tower sits on a 5 story base, 15 office floors and has a 3 story penthouse. The building is the lone structure on the triangle that forms at the intersections of Bates, Farmer and Randolph Streets.
Designed by famous Detroit architect Louis Kamper, who also designed the Cadillac Square Building, the Book Tower, The Cadillac Hotel and many, many other Detroit landmarks, it rises to a modest height of 259 feet but looks taller, do to its slender profile and penthouse level lighting.
The Water Board Commission of Detroit, Michigan is its sole tenant since 1990’s.