The one that started it all, the 10- story Society For Savings Headquarters Building at 127 Public Square. Built in 1889 and developed by the Chicago firm of Burham & Root, it tops out at a mere 152 feet tall. Though we may sneer at that scant height today, when it was first completed, Clevelanders were very proud indeed of their burgeoning Downtown District. It remained the tallest free standing structure in the second largest mega city of the mid west until 1896. Long surpassed by many, many taller edifices, it is, however, still an impressive and uniquely designed skyscraper, the first in the state of Ohio. It now serves as the downtown branch of the company that morphed from Society Bank to Ameritrust and Society Bank merger to KeyBank Corporation of Cleveland.