Construction of the Little Sable Point Lighthouse was completed in 1873. The Little Sable Point Light Station rises one hundred and fifteen feet over the sandy beach, and is approximately one hundred feet from the shore of Lake Michigan. The station is of red brick construction. Originally, the red brick sides were covered with white stucco. This kept the brick in excellent condition. The light is on a circular tower with interior stairway to the top of the tower. The attractive tower is topped with a ten-sided, cast iron lantern fitted with a Third Order Fresnel lens manufactured in Paris. Historically, the tower housed a kerosene lamp. An attached brick house with barn and out-buildings for the keeper and his family was originally part of the property.