Taken whilst on a mini-break to the East coast, (mainly Whitby) with dearest friend and fellow bubbler Irene Burdell , recently.
Lythe is a small village, and large civil parish, in the Scarborough district of North Yorkshire, England, situated near Whitby.
According to the 2001 UK census, Lythe parish had a population of 465.
It was in the old North Riding and in the wapentake of Langbaurgh East.
St Oswald’s Church is a plain stone building in the Early English style. The stained glass east window is a memorial to the Rev. William Long, who was vicar from 1813 to 1858. Inside the church are memorials to the Phipps family, and to the Marquess of Normanby. The register dates from 1634.
Information kindly sourced from Wikapedia.
Sony 11-18 wide angle lens.