The gate house at Donnington Castle was built in 1386 for Richard de Abberby. The courtyard of the castle is believed to have already been in existence before 1386.
The castle was destroyed in 1644 when it was besieged by the Parliamentarians during the Civil War. This is a shot taken from the interior of courtyard showing the back of the gate house and some of the ruined courtyard walls. 124 views on 8th Feb 2011 1852 views by 8th Jan 2013