|Small Greeting Card||Large Greeting Card||Postcard|
|4" x 6"||5" x 7.5"||4" x 6"|
The Crowdy Head Lighthouse was built in 1878 with a fixed catadioptric light of less than 1,000 candelas. Origonally to assist ships navigating the entrance of the Manning River with cargoes of timber, livestock and limestone.
It was the last of a series of small lighthouses designed by James Barnet, the others being Fingal Head, Richmond River, Clarence River and Tacking Point. The Crowdy Head tower was made of stone and painted white. The original light was a fixed white light of fourth order catadioptric type.
It was originally manned by one lightkeeper. In 1928 the apparatus was converted to automatic acetylene operation providing 1500 candelas and the keepers withdrawn. The light was finally converted to mains electricity in June 1972.
Crowdy Head, NSW, Australia
Canon EOS 7D
Shooting Date/Time 25/01/2010 8:41:43 AM
Shooting Mode Program AE
Shutter Speed 1/500
Aperture Value 14.0
Metering Mode Spot Metering
ISO Speed 100
Lens EF-S10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM
Focal Length 10.0 mm