Located at Wat Buddharangsi, in the Redlands area near Miami, Florida, this is the PHRABUDDHADHAMMACHINARAJ Buddha. It is a copy of the Phitsanulok Buddha in Thailand. The Buddha is primarily bronze, but as is prescribed by tradition, contains not only copper and brass but gold and silver as well. From the base to the top of the crown (or “halo”).
- it is over 23 feet in height.
- it is 80 inches from knee to knee.
- 12 feet 9 inches across at the basis.
- 9 feet 9 inches front to back.
- weighs in at approximately 5 tons.
Picture taken with a Canon 5D Mk II, tamron 28-300 VC Lens, 3 exposures, braced on a door frame at the full 300mm, processed in Aperture and Photomatix.
Any and All proceeds from the sale of this photo shall be donated to the Wat Buddharangsi for their continued construction and completion of the Wat in Miami, Florida.