Roundtop Filling Station Sherwood, AR - infrared

Photographic Prints

Size:
Finish:
$8.80
mal-photography

Little Rock, United States

  • Product
    Info
  • Product
    Reviews
  • Available
    Products
    39
  • Artist
    Notes
  • Artwork Comments 10

Sizing Information

Small 12.0" x 8.0"
Medium 18.0" x 12.0"
Large 24.0" x 16.0"
X large 30.0" x 20.0"

Features

  • Superior quality silver halide prints
  • Archival quality Kodak Endura paper
  • Lustre: Professional photo paper with a fine grain pebble texture
  • Metallic: Glossy finish and metallic appearance to create images with exceptional visual interest and depth

- Reviews

Apparel

Cases & Skins

Wall Art

Home Decor

Bags

Stationery

Artist's Description

An infrared image (with channel swap for color) of an abandoned filling station north of Little Rock, AR. (image was shot with a 720nm infrared converted Canon XS body & a 10-24mm Tamron lens).

Featured:
Exploring America

The Roundtop Filling Station was built in 1936 by the Justin Matthews Company for the Pierce Oil Company. Pierce Oil was one of the “baby Standards” formed after the U.S. Government’s breakup of John D. Rockefeller’s Standard Oil Company in 1911.

Around 1940, the Roundtop became a Sinclair station, after Pierce Oil was purchased by the Sinclair Oil Company. Around this time, electric pumps were installed Some time in the early 1950s, Sinclair sold many of their Arkansas stations, including the Roundtop, to the Phillips Petroleum Company, and the station became a Phillips 66 branded station. In the 1970s, the station would become a DX branded station, and at the time it closed in 1981, it was a Sunoco branded station due to Sun Oil Company’s acquisition of DX. It closed the business in 1981.

George E. Brown, a North Little Rock businessman planned to renovate the dilapidated building; however before this could happen, Brown died, and, in 1999, his heirs donated the station to the City of Sherwood, which had annexed the area in 1975.

The Roundrop was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2008.The Sherwood History and Heritage Committee is currently considering a restoration of the gas station to its original condition and converting it into a Sherwood Police substation.

Excerpts from Wikipedia.com

Artwork Comments

  • kalaryder
  • mal-photography
  • John Schneider
  • mal-photography
  • WildestArt
  • mal-photography
  • Mark Bangert
  • mal-photography
  • WildestArt
  • mal-photography
desktop tablet-landscape content-width tablet-portrait workstream-4-across phone-landscape phone-portrait
desktop tablet-landscape content-width tablet-portrait workstream-4-across phone-landscape phone-portrait

10% off

for joining the Redbubble mailing list

Receive exclusive deals and awesome artist news and content right to your inbox. Free for your convenience.