#Vue Grand Hotel Queencliff#
Featured in “Geelong Throng” September 2010
1866 The Australasian Hotel was bought by George Admans
1867 The hotel was rebuilt to 52 rooms
1880 Renamed the Admans Hotel
1882 Work is completed on the new brick structure making it Queenscliff’s grandest hotel of the 19th century, rivalling its Melbourne contemporaries and it is sold to the Port Phillip Steamship and Hotel Company
1891 Admans stops running the hotel, the bank brings in managers
1920 The bank sells the hotel to William Burch which in turn sells it to Ernest Hellier
1923 Burch sells to Phillip Skehan
1927 Fire destroys one third of the building, injures 42 men and takes days to put out
1930 The hotel re-opens for business
1934 Charles Silbereisen buys the hotel and renames it Vue Grand Private Hotel
1946 The Jordan’s become the new owners and proprietors running it as a guest house only.
1970 The hotel is left to Stanley Jordan’s two children Lindsey and Margot. Margot and her husband Max continue running the hotel.
1983 Equinox Pty Ltd purchased the building stripping, restoring and refurbishing it with modern amenities.
2006 The Grand Investment Group purchases the building, adding a café, new conference rooms and Tower Suites
2007 The Turret Suite is opened after 80 years unused.
Source: Vue Grand Hotel website
Location: Geelong, Victoria, Australia
Camera: Canon EOS 50D
Lens: Sigma 18-200mm f3.5 – 6.3 @ 18mm
Exposure: f11, 1/40, ISO100, RAW, Handheld
Processing: Photomatix 3.2 (single shot ±1, 3exp)
and Photoshop CS4