Oil on board
From a reference “Protect her,Oh Lord.” by Maree Cardinale
Painted in the Solo Exhibition Portrait Workshop
This is what I learned:
1. When this work was originally posted, it immediately caught my eye. I had to ‘find’ what both Maree and saw; and interpret that.
2. I had to capture her essence although I have never met her, so in a way the HER is what both Maree and I ‘saw’.
3. I had to work to a deadline which taught me a lot about speeding up my internal processes.
4. I had to learn to paint with purples, I don’t like the colour but the subject demanded those colours.
5. I tried to paint her story without knowing what it was; but what I imagined.