Tewkesbury Abbey (England) is quite unusual in one respect; you can actually get quite good views of it !
The Abbey was founded in 1087, but the building of the present Abbey did not start until 1102. Two styles of architecture dominate the Abbey; the Norman piers and arches of the Nave and the Decorated-style 14th century chancel, imposed on the previous work. The Early English and Perpendicular architectural styles are also represented in the fabric of the Abbey. After the Dissolution in 1540 most of the claustral buildings and the Lady Chapel were quarried for their materials but the Abbey Church was sold to the parishioners for £453.
The building experienced cycles of decay and revival over the following centuries: the collapse of the tower spire (1559), the insertion of the current west window – but not the current stained glass (1686), and its restoration by Sir George Gilbert Scott (1875-9). Scott’s alterations included replacing the screen, moving the Milton Organ, stripping the interior distemper, removing the 18th century pews and transferring the monastic pews to the chancel, partial restoration of the vaults, and the relaying of the floor throughout the church.
Photograph taken with a Canon EOS 5D Mk II