|Small Greeting Card||Large Greeting Card||Postcard|
|4" x 6"||5" x 7.5"||4" x 6"|
The Big House is even bigger now. The University of Michigan’s Football field has grown again. The football stadium will now have an overflow capacity of about 114,000. That’s bigger than the entire city of Ann Arbor, MI (USA) where this stadium resides. Wow. Creation process is supplied at bottom.
This image is 300 pixels an inch and is a Photomatix’s 28 image portrait oriented stitch, 7 images to a bracket set using Exposure Fusion (9000×3900). PTgui was used to stitch the resulting (after Photomatix’s) 4 portrait images together to get what you see now. Noise Ninja 2.0 was used to sharpen and clean up any remaining noise.
Nikkor 18-200mm VR (on)
Ok. How did I do this?
1.) Found a spot center field almost all the way to the top.
2.) Setup tripod by first leveling tripod, then tilting camera 3 position head to 90 degrees and then leveling the head as well as the tripod.
3.) Set bracketing on camera to 7 exposures 1EV apart.
4.) Started from left and took 7 exposures, moved the head to the right lining up the left side of the picture with what was on the right side of the prior picture. and took 7 more exposures. I did this two more times for a total of 28 pictures. Make sure to overlap enough of each picture so you can line up the pictures properly in PTgui.
5.) Used ViewNX to convert those pictures to TIFF files (16bit uncompressed).
6.) Loaded each of 4 bracket sets into Photomatix’s 3.2 using Exposure Fusion. I used a high accentuate value to bring the detail out in the grey sky. For each bracket set, I used the same identical settings to keep the exposure the same across all of the pictures.
7.) Took those four pictures and loaded into PTgui sticthing tool to combine those four pictures. This is what took the most time. It took probably 4 hours of trial and error until I got it right. Trying to keep the walls lining up on the stitch took a lot more work than I expected. I had to add lots of control points (normal, line, horizontal lines, and vertical lines) to get it to turn out right. This resulted in one 16 bit TIFF file.
8.) Loaded this TIFF file in Noise Ninja 2.0, I used default settings for my lens and Noise Ninja tool to remove any noise created mostly by Photomatix’s HDR process.
Hopefully that process will help someone setting out to try the same thing. Each tool will take some time to get the hang of it. So please don’t get discouraged at first. Each tool has some kind of tutorial on it’s use. I highly recommend them.
Take care. DZF1Z1