Camera: Canon EOS 400D, Lens: @ 85mm, ISO: 200, Aperture: f9, Shutter: 1/250
This picture was taken in Peebles, a beautiful little town in the Scottish Borders. The Tweed bridge is the only road crossing over the River Tweed in the town. The original structure of the bridge dates from the 15th century. Until the 18th century it was the only bridge crossing of the Tweed above Kelso. It was rebuilt in 1663 using stone from the ruined St Andrew’s Church, and it had additional arches added in 1799, by John Hislop; it was widened twice – from 8ft to 21 ft in 1834 by John and Thomas Smith and from 21 ft to 40ft in 1900 by McTaggart, Cowan & Barker. All the widening can be clearly seen underneath.