Standing on the roof of the underground mall in Manezh Square, looking through the largest entrance between the Kremlin and State Historical Museum into Red Square and catching a view of Spasskaya Tower. The Spasskaya Tower is the main tower with a through-passage on the eastern wall of the Moscow Kremlin, which overlooks the Red Square. Built in 1491 by an Italian architect Pietro Antonio Solari. The tower’s modern name comes from the icon of Spas Nerukotvorny, which was placed above the gates in 1658, but is no longer there. According to a number of historical accounts, the clock on the Spasskaya Tower appeared between 1491 and 1585. It is usually referred to as the Kremlin clock.