The original Lighthouse went into service in 1813 and was the very first in Newfoundland. It is directly across the harbor from Signal Hill and serves as a reminder of just how much protecting St. John’s required in the early days. It also sits on a point of land with a clear and commanding view of the ocean and oncoming ships With it’s bright red and crisp white colors it is a stand out for the eyes and visible for quite a distance. The former lighthouse keepers house has been restored and is now a small museum.
St. Johns Newfoundland, Canada Rebel XSI Sigma 55mm -200mm