This house was constructed c. 1857 for Hector C. Haight " the father of Farmington" (Utah, USA), who in addition to help settle the community, was a farmer, builder, hotel proprietor and county probate judge for a number of years. He and his family lived in this house, which also doubled as a hotel, until hi sdeath in 1879. The Union Hotel, as it was known, as the oldest remaining hotel in Farmington, which was a natural stopping place for travelers because it wa slocated one-day’s journey from the cpital Salt Lake City, LDS Church authorities and others with business in the communities to the north often stayed overnight at the Union and than other hotels in Farmington. The rear section of the house wa sprobably added in the 1860’s or 70’s, apparently to accomadte the expanding hotel business. The original four-room section of the house is one of the few examples in Utah of a two-story double cell house, a traditional yet relatively uncommon house type in the early Utah. Although the original abode walls of the house were covered with aluminum siding in the late 1950’s, its basic form, window and door openings, and interior remain virtually unaltered.
For Karen Who wanted to see a similar American house like the one in the tv series Waltons:=}
Photo taken by Canon IXUS