The last sunrise of 2008!
Taken at Burleigh Heads, Queensland.
This was the first time for me there and Lance. It’s a sweet spot and looks fantastic for Sunset also.
Climbing down to the the rocks is a little tricky though, rather slippery but no match for my Keen’s! I was sitting on a rock when I took this. The interesting thing is the surfers – they just jump across the rocks in bare feet! There was a large group of them later in the surf with an purple flare – I assume to signal the end of 2008!
- ISO 100, f11, 21 sec, 10mm
- Sigma 10-20mm Lens
- Tripod with sand in the joints
- HDR using Photomatix (-2, 0, 2)
- Unsharp mask
- Soft Light Layer
- Dodging and burning to bring out the rocks a bit more
- Noise Ninja in Photoshop to remove excess noise
- Horizon straighten and resulting crop