873 views featured in Architecture The McLennan Arch is at the northwest entrance to Glasgow Green. This arch used to be the centrepiece of the Assembly Rooms. It was moved in 1892 to Monteith Row and again in 1922 to the western edge of Glasgow Green. In 1991 it was moved for a third time to its current position. 18th century Glasgow was widely admired as ‘one of the most beautiful small towns in Europe’.