3326 views, Greeting Card sold 23 Jan 2014 The bright pink painted lighthouse at the large lake of Moritzburg castle near Dresden is 21.8 metres (72 feet) high. The miniature harbour was used to stage naval battles for the monarch’s amusement. In 1775/76, the pier with the lighthouse were created. A frigate for sailing on the manmade Bärnsdorf Großteich lake was launched. Two artificial islands were built in the lake, on the larger of which was the Eremitage with the pool for the Electress.