467 views as at 17 February 2013
Engine No 3237 of the Lachlan Valley Railway steams past the vintage carriages at the Coramba turn-around point during an afternoon excursion out of Coffs Harbour.
3237 was built in the United Kingdom by Beyer Peacock & Co in 1892 and came into service in Australia on the 26th of February, 1893. the Loco was originally numbered P 508 but became 3237 in the NSWGR 1924 renumbering scheme.
The loco worked mainline runs around NSW, while its original use was as a passenger express locomotive, it was also used for light freight.
For the last part of its working career 3237 was based at Cowra’s locomotive depot. The loco was withdrawn in November 1971.
Whilst in service it tracked 3,581,052 km.
FEATURED IN SOUTH-EAST AUSTRALIA