Sometimes it’s hard to find the right words to say when someone shows up in your life in big and small ways. You can return your love with gifts or with a thoughtful thank you note in a greeting card, text, or email. Some of the reasons you might write a thank you card are:
- Weddings and wedding shows
- Baby showers
- Just because
The reasons to find gratitude are virtually limitless if you sit and think about it. If you’re feeling tongue-tied, don’t worry. We’ll show you how to write a thank you note for just about any occasion!
What to Write in a Birthday Thank You Card
If someone sent you a birthday card along with a gift, count yourself lucky! The fact that someone took the time to show you how much you mean to them is priceless. If you want to know what to write in a thank you card for a birthday gift, we’ve got you covered below.
- Thank you for loving me so well on my special day.
- Thank you for being the best friend a person could have!
- Thank you for being so thoughtful on my birthday. It means the world to me!
- Your thoughtfulness took my birthday to the next level.
- Words can’t express what your birthday gift and love mean to me.
- Thank you for thinking of me on my birthday. I felt so loved.
What to Write in a Holiday Thank You Card
Holiday gifts come in all shapes and sizes and from a variety of people. Whether you received a gift from your coworkers or a distant relative, it’s only appropriate to send them a thank you message. Of course, the message you write will be determined by the relationship you have with the gift-giver, but don’t be afraid to get a little bit sappy.
- Your gift made my day. Thank you!
- Thank you for giving me such a generous gift. I can’t wait to use it.
- Thank you for making me feel so loved this holiday season.
- Thank you for being a part of my life. It made my holidays brighter!
- Thank you for the gift. You know me so well!
- I couldn’t have got myself a better gift. Thank you so much!
What to Write in a Wedding Thank You Card
Weddings are a time full of love, parties, and a showering of gifts. It’s always thoughtful to write a thank you card to those who spend the time, money, and thought to give you a gift to carry with you into marriage. Here is a list of what to write in a wedding thank you card.
- Thank you for being a part of our big day!
- We can’t thank you enough for your wedding gift. It means so much to us!
- We can’t wait to use our [insert wedding gift]. Thank you!
- We’re so thankful to have you in our lives to celebrate this next chapter.
- Thank you for coming to our wedding day. Your presence means the world to us.
- Thank you for such a generous wedding gift. We can’t thank you enough!
What to Write in a Graduation Thank You Card
It’s not every day that you graduate. Whether you’re graduating from high school, college, or finally got that doctorate, if someone was a part of your celebration, they’re worth celebrating with a graduation thank you card. Below you’ll find a few ideas for what to write in a graduation thank you note.
- Thank you for celebrating my journey into this next chapter!
- Thank you for supporting me during all those long hours of study. We did it!
- Thank you for always believing in me.
- Thank you for being a part of such a special day.
- Thank you for [insert gift] for my graduation. It means so much to me!
- Thank you for pushing me to keep going when things got hard. I made it!
What to Write in a Baby Shower Thank You Card
Pregnancy and bringing new babies into the world is such a special time. When friends and family bring love and kindness into your world, you can write them thoughtful baby shower thank you cards to show your appreciation.
- Thank you for loving our baby before they’ve even arrived!
- Thank you for being a part of our chosen family.
- Thank you for such a thoughtful baby shower gift. We can’t wait to use it!
- Thank you for supporting us on this journey into parenthood.
- It means so much to have you in our lives during this next chapter. Thank you for being here!
- Thank you for coming to our baby shower! It meant so much to us.
What to Write in a Thank You Card For Receiving a Gift Just Because
You don’t have to receive a physical gift to write a thank you card, and you don’t have to have a reason to be given a gift. Sometimes you want to know what to write in a thank you card “just because.” Sharing your love and gratitude towards the people in your life is a beautiful way to experience the many benefits of giving.
- Thank you for thinking of me. I feel so loved!
- Thank you for [insert gift]. You’re so thoughtful.
- Thank you for brightening my day with [insert gift].
- Thank you for always lifting me up when I need it most.
- Thank you for making my world a better place.
- Thank you for being you!
If you don’t know what to write in a thank you card, now you do. You can keep it short and sweet or write a longer thank you note in a spiral-bound notebook (which also subs as a gift) for those with whom you have a deeper relationship. Surprisingly, writing thank you cards can be empowering. You can find other ways to empower the women and people in your life through the power of gifts like gorgeous wall art and expressive clothing.