Diapers. Poop. Crying. Those are the only words you know when it comes to babies. Also your best friend is pregnant, and while you’re excited, you aren’t exactly Supernanny.
You’re probably wondering what to write in a baby shower card.
Something about storks and bundles of joy, right?
You’re close. Add a heartfelt message of happiness with a potential promise of babysitting in the near future when mom desperately needs a shower after three days. Wishes for a healthy pregnancy and delivery are always welcome, too. If you actually might be excited to meet the kid before they reach the teen years, then let mom know. In nicer terms, of course.
Even if you’re clueless about babies, we’ve got you covered with some adorable baby shower messages. We bet you’ll find a sweet sentiment below that you’ll love as much as that fresh baby smell.
Funny Baby Shower Messages
Parenthood is messy. It’s tiring. It’s fun. And it’s rewarding. Did we already say it’s tiring? Share some witty thoughts with the new mama-to-be. She’ll appreciate these funny baby shower messages, even if the kiddo is sitting on her bladder at the moment.
- I hope you like insomnia. Enjoy your beauty rest while you can!
- Ready for a crazy ride? 18 years is a LONG road. Buckle up!
- If everyone agrees to sleep in, this whole parenting contract will be a breeze.
- I’m sure your baby will be as cute as your bump! Happy baby shower!
- That watermelon seed you ate seems to be growing very nicely. Congrats!
- Here’s to hoping the little bundle of joy gets all the good genes!
- Farts can sometimes feel like contractions. It’s okay.
Baby Avocado by LisaVertudaches
Baby Shower Messages From the Aunt They’ll Hear From Once a Year
You might be the crazy aunt who moves every six months, dyes her hair a different color every other week, and is otherwise what your sister likes to call “a free spirit.” Hey, we feel you. Maybe you’ll only see this squirt once a year. No judgment here. Check out these messages if you’re that auntie.
- Can I pay you in advance to buy presents on my behalf for every birthday I will (unfortunately) miss?
- I’ll watch your kid…as long as he’s not yelling, crying, or pooping. Otherwise, you’re on your own!
- Yep, I’m going to be the crazy aunt who teaches your kid how to have a tantrum.
- I’ll be the aunt who always says yes.
- Be thankful your kid will only see me once a year. I wouldn’t want my bad habits rubbing off on them!
- Sugar is going to be the main food group at my house when your kid comes to visit. You’re welcome.
- Your kid will be the only one who gets a regular birthday card from me. That’s one more than the rest of the family.
Funny Anmals Muzzle by EkaterinaP
Baby Shower Messages If You Don’t Care about Baby Genders
Blue. Pink. It doesn’t matter to you. You’re just excited that a fresh new human is joining the world! Here’s a few messages if you’re on team “I don’t care, just as long as they’re healthy!”
- Boy? Girl? Doesn’t matter to me. I’m just a fan of the fact you made a baby. Congrats!
- Team Boy. Team Girl. I’m on Team Cute Baby either way.
- Blue, pink, or polka dot… I’m just here to celebrate!
- You’re having a baby! That’s exciting stuff right there, you know.
- Can I just say I don’t care if it’s a boy or girl? There. I said it.
- OMG, you’re having a kid!
- Little boy or little girl… either way, they’re gonna be your whole world!
Kawaii Pickle by pai-thagoras
Baby Shower Messages from the One Who Will Never Babysit
Kids kind of freak you out. Babies? Well, those little things are terrifying. These very clear messages let the parents know right away you are not the one they should call for date night. Even for emergency date night situations.
- I don’t do poop, so free babysitting from me won’t be an option for awhile. Congrats!
- Enclosed is cash to pay a qualified babysitter who isn’t me.
- Babies scare me. But I’m glad you’re brave enough to make one!
- Happy baby shower day! See the list below of properly qualified babysitters in your area. Note I’m not on it. Sorry!
- Your life is about to change forever. Friday date nights are about to get real expensive. Enjoy a babysitter on me.
- I’m not real good with writing baby shower wishes. I’m also not real good with kids. Remember this when looking for a sitter.
- Congrats on making a human you can’t let out of your sight for the next 18 years!
Sugar Glider! by CandyRainbow
Baby Shower Messages from the One Who Will Teach Them How to Drive
Life is one crazy ride. Add in a baby, and there’s more twists and turns than a Mario Kart virtual speedway. If you’ve already got dibs as the kid’s first driving teacher, then you’ll love these baby shower wishes for the future Jeff Gordon or Danica Patrick about to grace the world.
- I can’t wait to teach your kid how to drive. Better start a fund ASAP for all those traffic tickets.
- You’re looking at your kid’s future driver’s ed teacher right here.
- I would say hold on for the ride of your life. But you haven’t even gotten to driving lessons with your kid yet. Maybe I can help?
- Buckle up. Things are about to get wild.
- Congrats on your new license to parent.You can let me handle the real driving lessons. Happy baby shower!
- Better start saving now for car insurance. And college. Oh, and speeding tickets.
- Congrats on the news of your future NASCAR driver! Vroom, vroom, baby!
Baby Shower Messages You’ll Recite at Their 18th Birthday
Watching a baby evolve into a walking, talking adult can seemingly take place overnight. Or it can feel like it took forever. Write a baby shower card with well wishes for the amazing human this little bun in the oven will become. The parents will need a little luck, too.
- You’ve got 18 years not to wreck your kid. Good luck!
- Adulting can be hard. Baby-ing can be harder. Sending all the good luck your way.
- Just think, in 18 years you’ll be able to turn the nursery into an awesome gym.
- Surviving childhood with a family like us makes you tough. Adulthood will be a piece of cake.
- Parent vs. child. 18 years. 18 rounds. My bet’s on the kid.
- Dearest baby: Take it easy on your parents. They’re amateurs, after all.
- Hey kid, the older you get, the more you’ll realize your parents were right about pretty much everything. Welcome to the world outside the womb!
Petite Rouge en le Loup by Nathan Davis
Baby Shower Quotes
Even if you don’t have little monsters, you know how much hard work parenting takes. Share some encouragement from this list of baby shower quotes with the excited new parents-to-be.
- “Parenting isn’t a practice. It’s a daily learning experience.” – Unknown
- “A mother is one to whom you hurry when you are troubled.” – Emily Dickinson
- “Every child begins the world again.” – Henry David Thoreau
- “A babe in the house is a well-spring of pleasure, a messenger of peace and love, a resting place for innocence on earth, a link between angels and men.” – Martin Farquhar Tupper
- “A baby fills a place in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown
- “Babies are always more trouble than you thought — and more wonderful.” – Charles Osgood
- “Honey is sweet. A little baby is even sweeter.” – Unknown
This Is How I Roll by TheShirtYurt
Baby Shower Card Closings
Ok, now that you’ve hand-selected an amazing baby shower saying or message, it’s time to sign off. Don’t panic if “love” seems too strong of a word. There’s more options.
- With stork kisses,
- Your friend,
- Warmest wishes,
- With blessings,
Short and sweet works best, and if all your brain cells fail at the same time and you can’t pick one, sign your name. We know you can handle that.
Figuring out what to write in a baby shower card doesn’t have to be as hard as changing an explosive diaper in an airplane bathroom. Even if you can’t offer June Cleaver-worthy parenting advice, simple baby shower wishes are appreciated enough.
Check out Redbubble’s awesome baby shower card options and one-of-a-kind onesies we bet no one else thought of. Who’s the clever one now?