What could be more “Halloween” than pumpkins, ghosts, and plenty of nighttime frights? There’s something unique about All Hallows Eve that makes it appeal to people of any and all ages. Since you’re reading this post, we’re guessing that you love all types of spook-tacular Halloween fun too.
One of the best ways to begin your seasonal spooks is to send some festive Halloween greetings. Below you’ll find a bunch of greetings and sayings perfect for everything from Halloween cards to postcards to text messages. Of course, if you do send a few texts, make sure they go to the right person. Some people might be spooked by random Halloween texts telling them to have a boo-tiful day. Or then again, maybe that’s simply part of the fun. Halloween is the night of frights, after all.
But what happens when you’ve got the perfect card in mind but can’t think of anything to say? You keep on reading. Check out this list of 35 Halloween phrases for all moods and personalities: silly, scary, cute, artsy, pun-rific, and more.
When you’re looking for Halloween card sayings, you don’t want to scour the internet and come up empty-handed. It’s much more fun to come across a bunch of perfectly devilish sayings and then dream up all the creative ways you can use them.
Read on for more Halloween scares, if you dare. Here are 15 Halloween phrases to use in your next great card-sending marathon.
- When else can you dress up, act scary, and get yummy candy for it?
- Watch out! Grisly ghouls and goblins are on the loose this Hallows Eve.
- Pumpkin spice and all things nice. Or scary, it’s your call.
- Get ready to practice that cackle. The witchy awakening is almost upon us.
- Too much candy corn? Please. There’s no such thing.
- Who else is ready for a pumpkin carving contest? First-prize winner gets to keep their head.
- Let’s all agree on a new motto: I am never too old for Halloween candy.
- Anyone else having a bad scare day?
- Where’s your favorite place to have a good time? At the pumpkin patch, of course. It’s gourdgeous there.
- Go on now and just admit it: eerie ghosts are full of spirit! Gimme a B, gimme an O, gimme an O!
- What did one ghost say to the other? Pssst: spooky times ahead.
- It’s time to start goblin up all those caramel apples.
- It’s a boo-tiful day for I-scream with sprinkles and a splash of blood-red cherry sauce.
- We’re all crawling with joy around here. Can’t you feel it?
- One chocolate a day keeps the ghouls away. Message approved by the Anti-Ghoul Society.
Another way to scare up some fun is to send a few Halloween wishes. Instead of keeping your message hidden inside the card, spell it out right away in a greeting. Whether you want to shake up the happy Halloween funny bone or give someone a dash of fright, you can’t go wrong with these 10 ghoul-approved greetings.
- Witch you were here to celebrate a hair-raising time.
- Happy howl-o-ween! Hope you get plenty of spooky tricks and treats.
- Pucker up! It’s time for bugs and kisses. Or is that hugs and hisses?
- Darling, you’re looking absolutely fa-boo-lous today.
- Best wishes for a happy Halloween. You’re a handsome devil from horn to toe.
- Frank-ly, my dear, I think you need a candy break.
- Trick or treat! Wishing you a night of fun and fright.
- BYOB: Bring Your Own Broom and don’t forget the cat.
- It’s time to make this Halloween eerie-sistible.
- Shake, rattle, and roll: Hope you have a bone-chilling Halloween.
Sometimes, a classic Halloween quote says more than you ever could. You might want a whimsical, cute, or poetic quote. Then again, a scary or creepy quote might better suit your message. That’s why Halloween is a holiday for anyone and everyone. Whatever you want to say, you can say it all in All Hallows Eve-style.
- “I’m so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers.” – L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
- “By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes.” – William Shakespeare, Macbeth
- “We’re all mad here.” – Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
- “There is magic in the night, where pumpkins glow by moonlight.” – Anonymous
- “You wouldn’t believe / On All Hallow Eve / What lots of fun we can make / With apples to bob / And nuts on the hob / And a ring-and-thimble cake.” – Carolyn Wells
- “When witches go riding, and black cats are seen, the moon laughs and whispers, ‘Tis near Halloween.” – Anonymous
- “Pixie, kobold, elf, and sprite / All are on their rounds tonight; / In the wan moon’s silver ray / Thrives their helter-skelter play.” – Joel Benton
- “What fearful shapes and shadows beset his path, amidst the dim and ghastly glare of a snowy night!” – Washington Irving, The Legend of Sleepy Hollow
- “At first cock-crow the ghosts must go / Back to their quiet graves below.” – Theodosia Garrison
- “They that are born on Halloween shall see more than other folk.” – Anonymous
Hopefully you found the perfect Halloween sayings, quotes, or greetings from the above list. Not sure they’re the purr-fect fit? You can always adjust the wording to match your friend’s or family member’s unique style. Once you’ve personalized your Halloween greetings, feel free to add a Halloween joke or two as well. What’s Halloween without a few corny jokes to complement all those greeting cards and a home filled with witchy cackles and costumes and spooky decor?
If you’ve got the perfect saying but not the card, we can help there too. Take a look at these fine Halloween cards to see which ones give you the right type of fright.
Wishing you a happy Halloween!