The leaves are changing, cozy sweaters are unearthing from closets, and it’s time to get excited for this list of fall sayings to ease into the season of Autumn. So grab your favorite boots, a cup of hot cider, and join us as we fall into the crisp air.
It’s no shocker that fall is one of the most beautiful times of the year. Use this list to inspire your next Instagram fall captions, fall sayings for signs in your home, and hopefully a chuckle at all the ways you can use words.
Poster designed and sold by TashaNatasha
Cute Fall Sayings
Sometimes you just want chic fall sayings for signs so you can decorate your house or have a craft night with friends. These cute fall sayings will spice up any decor in your spaces.
- Leaves are falling, and Autumn is calling!
- Pumpkin and spice and everything nice.
- I’m falling for you.
- Cute as a pumpkin.
- Have a holly jolly fall-y.
- Bonfire and chill.
- Autumn is my favorite color.
- You’re as sweet as pumpkin pie.
- I’m so grate-fall for this season.
- You’re pick of the pumpkin patch.
Floor Pillow designed and sold by TashaNatasha
Funny Fall Sayings
If you like to have a laugh, these funny fall sayings will tickle your funny bone. You can add them to your next social media caption or paint them on a sign that you hang up in your home. Which one is your favorite?
- My fall scented candles are getting lit this weekend.
- Orange you happy it’s finally fall?
- I only have pies for you.
- You’re spicetacular!
- Let’s spice things up.
- May the forest be with you.
- You’re acorn-y person, didn’t you know?
- I wanna see you s’more!
- How ‘bout them apples?
- Silence of the yams.
Sticker designed and sold by doodlebymeg
Everyone loves some good fall puns. Use these funny fall sayings to design t-shirts, create unique holiday cards, or spice up your Facebook feed.
- You’re gourd-geous!
- And they lived apple-y ever after.
- I love you a pumpkin spice latte.
- Have you seen Gourd of the Rings?
- Bautumns up!
- You’re the apple of my eye.
- Oh, my gourd!
- Pride comes before the fall.
- You really autumn know.
- I’m so corn-fused.
Acrylic Block designed and sold by Sophie Corrigan
Who doesn’t love good fall hashtags to help get your content found by the right people? Use these hashtags however you wish. They work well for fall, Thanksgiving, Halloween, and all the spaces in between.
Tote Bag designed and sold by RuthMCreative
- Creeping it real.
- It’s all Hocus Pocus.
- Trick or treat yo’self to something nice.
- I put a spell on you.
- Happy hollow-ween!
- If you’ve got it, haunt it.
- Dear gourd, you scared me!
- Let’s get smashed.
- Witch, please.
- Eat, drink, and be scary.
Mug designed and sold by Sophie Corrigan
Family gatherings can get a little dicey — that’s why we love Friendsgiving for balance. Whip out these playful and funny Thanksgiving sayings when you need some levity during the holidays.
- Keep calm and turkey on!
- Beauty is in the pie of the beholder.
- Aw shucks!
- It’s time for feast mode.
- I’m all about that baste, ‘bout that baste.
- I call fowl play.
- Keep calm and gobble on.
- It doesn’t get much butter than this.
- I pecan’t even.
- Bready or not, here I come!
Clock designed and sold by Laorel
Famous Fall Quotes
Fall quotes make for great think pieces and portals into ideas about the human condition. Check out some of our favorite fall quotes in the list below.
- “And all at once, summer collapsed into fall.” – Oscar Wilde
- “And all the lives we ever lived and all the lives to be are full of trees and changing leaves.” – Virginia Woolf
- “I’m so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers.” – Anne of Green Gables
- “If a year was tucked inside of a clock, then autumn would be the magic hour.” – Victoria Erickson
- “Every leaf speaks bliss to me, fluttering from the autumn tree.” – Emily Brontë
- “What is sometimes called a tongue of flame / or an arm extended burning is only the long / red and orange branch of a green maple/in early September.” – Grace Paley
- “How beautifully leaves grow old. How full of light and color are their last days.” – John Burrows
- “I would rather sit on a pumpkin, and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion.” – Henry David Thoreau
- “Autumn is springtime in reverse.” – Terri Guillemets
- “Notice that autumn is more the season of the soul than of nature.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
Coasters designed and sold by RuthMCreative
Creating fall captions for Instagram and Facebook can be a pain in the neck, so we’ve done the heavy lifting for you. Try out one or more of these fall captions when you share your fall-inspired photos and selfies.
- Sweater weather is just better together.
- Fall is a good excuse for pumpkin everything.
- Oh, my gourd! I love Autumn.
- S’mores on s’mores on s’mores.
- You are the pumpkin spice to my latte.
- New season, who dis?
- I like big Bundts, and I can not lie.
- Meet me under the falling leaves.
- Spice spice, baby.
- Channel your inner flannel.
Framed Print designed and sold by fishbiscuit
This list of fall sayings wouldn’t be complete without a handful of witty fall jokes to tuck in your back pocket. We’ve compiled some of our favorites as we move ever closer to that crisp Autumn air. What are your favorite fall jokes?
- Q: How do you heal an injured jack-o-lantern? A: With a pumpkin patch.
- Q: How did the pumpkins cross the road? A: With the help of a crossing gourd.
- Q: What do you get when you divide a pumpkin’s circumference by its diameter? A: Pumpkin pi, of course.
- Q: Why do birds fly south in Autumn? A: It’s too far to walk.
- Q: What did the leaf say to its date? A: I’m falling for you.
- Q: What happens when winter arrives? A: Autumn leaves.
- Q: What’s a scarecrow’s favorite food? A: Straw-berries.
- Q: Why did the apples cry? A: Their peelings were hurt.
- Q: Which month are trees afraid of? A: Sep-timberrr.
- Q: What is the most adorable season? A: Awwwtumn.
Canvas Print designed and sold by RuthMCreative
If you enjoyed this list of fall sayings, check out our collection of fall designs to fully welcome the new season. Don’t forget to check out our funny Halloween jokes and skeleton puns to get you in the spooky spirit.
Featured Image designed and sold by allisonrdesign