Featured Image Artwork Designed and Sold by Manda Lyn LaCorte
If you’re a book lover, and have no shelf control when it comes to your sense of humor, you’ll love book puns and jokes. Whether you’re an avid reader, a librarian, or just a big fan of words, we’ve got something for you. You’ll find book puns, reading puns, and even grammar and writing puns. Without a foreshadow of doubt, we know you’ll love it.
So get comfy in your favorite reading nook and dive into these book puns and jokes — perhaps you’ll come across a novel idea.
These 20 book puns are going to tickle your spine. A foreword to the wise, this list is one of the best, most comprehensive on the internet.
- He made an author you can’t refuse.
- Check yourshelf before you wreck yourshelf.
- Talk wordy to me.
- That book was bound to make a mistake.
- I like big books, and I cannot lie.
- Strike a prose.
- I’m at the end of my trope.
- You have no shelf control.
- You don’t know what you’re Tolkien about.
- You took the words right out of my mouth.
- You Gatsby kidding me.
- I’m trying to get in her good books.
- Let’s join farces.
- You’re a breath of fresh Eyre.
- I’m booked on a feeling.
- Book on the bright side.
- Please act your page.
- I got lost in a novel about mazes.
- He opened a can of bookworms.
- If books could kill.
On your bookmark, get set, go! Twenty witty reading puns for all the word connoisseurs out there.
- Readers do it between the sheets.
- After all is read and done, I still love you.
- We’re on a read-to-know basis.
- Don’t bite the hand that reads you.
- That’s easier read than done.
- They finished that book at lightning read.
- Another one writes the dust.
- That new book was love at first write.
- Better late than novel.
- Word time’s a charm.
- They had a word’s eye view of this new book.
- It was a good story, I tale ya.
- An elephant novel forgets.
- I wrote off more than I could chew with this book.
- He came paperback from the dead.
- Don’t just blurb out the answer.
- I always kiss and tale.
- You better hardcover your tracks.
- She sticks out like a sore theme.
- Paperback in the day, we read by candlelight.
We’re bursting at the themes to share these ten library puns that will make every librarian chuckle. The options are limitless when it comes to what’s in bookstore for you at the library.
- My plan to read books about sinkholes fell through.
- Librarians are so resourceful.
- The librarian decided to start a new chapter in her life.
- Do you want to take a shelfie?
- You’ve got fine written all over you.
- Librarians get shhhhh done.
- ISBN thinking about you all day.
- You have great shelf awareness.
- Dewey go on a date to the library?
- You sure are shelf-ish sometimes.
Writing and Grammar Puns
We’ll give edit where edit is due with these writing and grammar puns. Don’t ink, or you’ll miss the fun and madness of the book puns that never end.
- You’re on the write track.
- Good scribes only.
- Leave it to the prose.
- Don’t forget to call your grammar.
- You make me [sic].
- Metaphors be with you.
- He didn’t do a Thoreau edit of this book, and it’s full of mistakes.
- No guts, no story.
- He had all the bragging writes.
- It was a write of passage.
- Q: What did the drawing pad say to the novel? A: I’m drawing a blank.
- Q: Why did the encyclopedia get escorted from the library? A: He couldn’t keep his volume down.
- Q: How did the library get so tall? A: It had a lot of stories.
- Q: Why did the dog chase after the book? A: It was chasing its tale.
- Q: What is the bartender’s favorite book? A: Tequila Mockingbird.
- Q: What’s a terrible pickup line at the library? A: I can’t help but check you out.
- Q: How did the run-on sentence know it was pregnant? A: Its period was late.
- Q: How do you practice safe text? A: Use a comma.
- Q: Why does the ghost read so many books? A: He goes through them quickly.
- Q: Why does a bookmark make a good employee? A: It always knows its place.
- Q: Why did it take so long for the librarian to get a driver’s license? A: They had to get through a lot of read tape.
- Q: Why didn’t we know that a new library opened up down the street? A: They were very quiet about it.
- Q: What do you call a group of people devouring books? A: A reading frenzy.
- Q: How did the librarian move up the ranks so quickly? A: They were a natural-born reader.
- Q: What does a book detective do? A: Connect the plots.
If you got plot up in the moment, we don’t blame you. These book puns were a write of passage for anyone looking to impress the logophiles in your life. If you’re looking for fun things to do with these book puns, you can add book pun stickers to different types of notebooks or maybe opt into a reading challenge to expand your vocabulary!