Women Painters - ('FINE ART' only)

A group for women painters and their traditional art

20-07-2014 Features – Impressionists women painters

Madalena Lobao-Tello Madalena Lobao... 7685 posts

The Impressionists were considered a rebel group within the art scene, in the late nineteenth century. They were young people like a challenge, had undertaken a search path, away from the classic rules imposed.

Eugène Manet à l’Ile de Wight – oil on canvas – Berthe Morisot – 1875

The women Impressionists, the artists, Mary Cassatt (1844-1926), Marie Bracquemond (1840-1916), Eva Gonzalès (1849-1883) * and Berthe Morisot (1841-1895) that wove her life and artistic creation in the shadow of the Impressionists circles of the capital of Western art, Paris. The four were related to the most established artists of this movement and were regulars on the social circles frequented by painters.

Morning Awakening – oil on canvas – Eva Gonzalès – 1876

The works of these four painters attest to the status of women and, even more, of women artists in the second half of the nineteenth. Berthe Morisot posed for some of Manet’s paintings, like Eva Gonzales, who also was a student of Manet.

Nurse Reading to a Little Girl – pastel – Mary Cassatt – 1895

But Eve is an exception in the group. The other three are self-taught painters in a área reserved to the masculine world. The women painters find difficult to achieve both critical acclaim and be admitted in the classroom. The limitations of movement that a lady had in public spaces made ​​it very difficult for them, for example, devote their time to paint a landscape of the natural

On the Terrace at Sèvres – oil on canvas – Marie Bracquemond – 1880

For Marie Bracquemond, was the opposition of her husband, engraver, the main impediment to continue the Impressionist style. She ended up leaving painting.

Their style is free of the weight of scholarship and their gaze directed toward a field when male painters are excluded: the private. If the men of impressionism is in the public space, these women painters is in the private. Their works are those of someone authorized to enter in the domestic space, allowed to see.

Copyright Information
Fair use rationale:
1. It is a historically significant artwork that could not be conveyed in words.
2. The images are only for information, education, and analysis and is for nonprofit educational purposes
3. Their inclusion in the article adds significantly to the article, because they show a major type of work produced by the artist.
4. The images are readily available on the internet
5. The images is a low resolution copy of the original artwork and are unsuitable for commercial use

Featured Collection from Women Painters – RedBubble

On behalf of Terri, Lynda and Beatrice, I have chosen the following features from our group gallery.
Congratulations to the painters of the featured artworks!

… And please take a few moments to congratulate the featured artists and comment on these lovely works from our members gallery
All images are click-able and will take you the artist’s page

Catalog

Revolve within
by Marie-Esther

Ganesh
by Katia Honour

The Birth-Giving Helper
by Natalia Lvova

In The Garden
by Margaret Harris

"Little flower"
by Monika Malinowska

Out of Africa
by F.A. Moore

Watercolour: Goulburn Boulders
by Marion Chapman

From Hancocks Lookout South Australia
by Virginia McGowan

At The Fish Trap
by Barbara Pommerenke

Along the Creek, Blue Mountains
by © Linda Callaghan

Poppies-3
by Bev Wells

This Is The Garden..
by © Janis Zroback

Harmony
by Elena Oleniuc

IHS. Mosteiro dos Jerónimos
by terezadelpilar~ art & architecture

American Eskimo, Father & Son
by BarbBarcikKeith

Two Best Friends
by Sandra Sengstock-Miller

Cedar Point Pelican
by Phyllis Beiser

August and Abyssal
by AK Westerman

Linda Callaghan Linda Callaghan 1222 posts

Beautiful works of art and very honoured to be featured amongst them, thank you Madalena. Congratulations all and have a great week!

Virginia McGowan Virginia McGowan 738 posts

thanks sooo much for this honour, appreciated very much . some absolutely fabulous art here .talent abounds ,on Redbubble

Margaret Harris Margaret Harris 169 posts

Thank you so much for featuring my work and congratulations to all the other featured artists

Terri Maddock Terri Maddock 3053 posts

Lovely selection of features Mada to go with the Impressionist theme. The Impressionists are my favourite group in art history. Congratulations to our talented ladies

Barbara Pommerenke Barbara Pommer... 35 posts

Thank you so much, Madalena, for picking out my work for this great feature!

Monika Malinowska Monika Malinowska 15 posts

Thak you Madelana for including my painting in this beautiful impressionism gallery !!!

Lynda Robinson Lynda Robinson 3157 posts

A wonderful insight into Impressionism Mada, and every single featured work today caused me to pause and study each one! The talent in Women Painters is really phenomenal! Congratulations to every amazing woman artist whose work appears here today!

Bev  Wells Bev Wells 61 posts

Wow brilliant selection of art work , very proud to be included thank you ,congratulations everyone

F.A. Moore F.A. Moore 37030 posts

Beautiful feature collection, Mada! Congratulations to all fellow artists featured here.
And Mada, thank you very much for including my “Out of Africa”, a detail from “Mozambique…”.

Your article reveals some interesting tidbits. Personally, I like the impressionistic paintings and drawings by the women
of the period much more, overall, than the impressionist paintings by the men of the period. Maybe it is the way in which
the women treat their subject manner with a tender reverence for humanity.

BeClo BeClo 9069 posts

Wonderful subject about women impressionists…
The paintings are so inspiring!

Our members are very talented. The chosen paintings are truly beautiful . Congratulations to you all on your features.

• Linda
    Many thanks for stopping by!!
    Your feature is very well deserved!
  • Virginia
    Your landscape make me feel a feeling of happiness. A very well deserved feature!!
  • Margaret
    Your work is always beautiful!!
  • Terri
    Glad you like it!
    Impressionism is the art movement that I more like.
    They broke so many rules and created much beauty.
  • Barbara P
    Your feature is very well deserved!!
  • Monika
    Your work is always wonderful!!
  • Lynda
    I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit and comment on this feature!!
    I agree with you when you say " talent in Women Painters is really phenomenal!"
  • Bev
    Your work deserved always a feature!!
  • Frannie
    This detail is a great work.
    I agree with you. Impressionist women painters had a more intimate, more human look.
    They were also women with much courage because they were the subject of vicious criticism.
  • Beatrice
    I’m so glad you saw this feature and enjoyed it!!
    Thank you so much!!
Phyllis Beiser Phyllis Beiser 132 posts

I have to say ditto for Frannies opinion of women impressionists. I not only think that it is the way their work is handled but how they view life in general. Beautiful work everyone. Thanks Madalena for placing my Cedar Point Pelican in among such stellar artists.

Cindy Schnackel Cindy Schnackel 5087 posts

Nice work everyone, congrats, and thanks for another good theme!

• Phyllis
    Happy to know your opinión about impressionists women painters!
    Your Cedar Point Pelican very well deserve the feature!
  • Cindy
    Thank you for visiting and leaving your kind comment!
    I am happy that you like the topic!
desktop tablet-landscape content-width tablet-portrait workstream-4-across phone-landscape phone-portrait
desktop tablet-landscape content-width tablet-portrait workstream-4-across phone-landscape phone-portrait