Women Painters - ('FINE ART' only)

A group for women painters and their traditional art

"Earth's Bounty" - Features for 23rd January

Lynda Robinson Lynda Robinson 3154 posts

Earth’s Bounty

We live in such a beautiful place! Earth is the third planet from the Sun, and the densest and fifth-largest of the eight planets in the Solar System. It is also the largest of the Solar System’s four terrestrial planets. It is sometimes referred to as the world, the Blue Planet, or by its Latin name, Terra.

Earth formed approximately 4.54 billion years ago, and life appeared on its surface within one billion years. Artistically, from the earth, from the mud, we can create structure. A clay pot, made pliable by water, hardened with fire, becomes a vessel, useful, and of artistic and practical value. We have farmed the fertile soil to provide us with beautiful fruits and crops, whilst its rivers and oceans provide us with more bounty.

We can take delight in the beauty of the earth’s landscape, and the colourful plants and flowers that grow here in abundance. In return for all it provides, we must care for our fragile planet!

Frannie and I have selected the features this week to reflect ‘Earth’s Bounty’, and it is obvious to see that our members delight in what this beautiful, bountiful planet provides.

Please take some time to congratulate the artists whose work is featured today.

Sweet Watermelon
by Manana11

Blackberry Composition
by Geraldine M Leahy

Katoomba Creek, Blue Mountains-Australia
by © Linda Callaghan

Still life with pears
by Gabriella Nilsson

Autumn fruits
by Linda Ridpath

That Beautiful Day in Bonnievale.
by Constance Widen

Potential Pumpkin Soup
by Lynda Robinson

Bosc Pears and Apricots for Elaine
by Shani Sohn

Pond Life
by olga zamora

Cymbidium Orchid
by Ann Mortimer

Rinascimento
by elisabetta trevisan

Ode to my flowers
by Elena Kotliarker

Featuring Earth’s Bounty from Women Painters…

Sweet Watermelon
by Manana11

Pencil, acrylic, oil on paper

Blackberry Composition
by Geraldine M Leahy

Watercolor

Katoomba Creek, Blue Mountains-Australia
by © Linda Callaghan

Acrylic on Fabriano Watercolour paper
21 × 29 cm.

Still life with pears
by Gabriella Nilsson

Acrylic on canvas,2013
20 × 20 cm.

Autumn fruits
by Linda Ridpath

Pastel pencil on pastel paper
approx. 6 × 6 in.

That Beautiful Day in Bonnievale.
by Constance Widen

Pastels (Schmincke, Sennelier and Unison) on A3 Ingres paper

Potential Pumpkin Soup
by Lynda Robinson

Pastel on Mi Teinte ‘Tex’ Paper (Burgundy)
55 × 75 cm.

Bosc Pears and Apricots for Elaine
by Shani Sohn

Acrylics on canvas
16 × 20 in.

Pond Life
by olga zamora

Watercolor, using Winsor Newton paint, on watercolor paper

Cymbidium Orchid
by Ann Mortimer

Watercolour. Painted with Artist’s watercolours on Arches 140lb cold pressed paper

Rinascimento
by elisabetta trevisan

Tempera and watersoluble pencils on MDF
Diptych
74×70 cm

Ode to my flowers
by Elena Kotliarker

Mixed media on canvas
Pastel chalks, acrylic on the sand texture, covered with varnish and finished with relief paint.

Madalena Lobao-Tello Madalena Lobao... 7081 posts

Wow!!
What a fabulous gallery of art, all different in their own way.

Congratulations on your wonderful artistry to Manana, Geraldine, Linda Callaghan, Gabriella, Linda Ridpath, Constance, Lynda, Olga, Shani, Ann, Elisabetta and Elena.

Lynda and Frannie

You made a wonderful choice and a great introduction!!

Earth was viewed as the mother of all life growing on it by many cultures. Earth is our only beautiful home, we have no other! Earth is the source of life of all that exists, including humans.Is a great idea to feature artworks that remember us, her beauty but also our duty to care it!!
Terri Maddock Terri Maddock 3207 posts

Beauriful features gallery – congratulations everyone!

F.A. Moore F.A. Moore 37048 posts

@Terri, greetings! Thanks so much for coming by to see and comment on the feature. It means a lot.

This looks so good, @Lynda. Great job with the intro, too.

@Mada, you echoed the theme beautifully, in your second comment. It is important to understand the collective
impact of humanity, on the planet. There’s a lot out there about this for anyone who wants to know more.
Each of us can make a difference.

I love how fruits, vegetation, flowers, and even fungus (and pond algae!) are represented in our features today.

Congratulations everyone…and I’m going to borrow Mada’s list: Maria, Geraldine, Linda Callaghan, Gabriella, Linda Ridpath, Constance, Lynda Robinson, Olga, Shani, Ann, Elisabetta and Elena. Hooray!

:D

Shani Sohn Shani Sohn 1041 posts

Thanks for including my work with this wonderful collection! Congratulations to all the featured artists!

Manana11 Manana11 166 posts

AWESOME SELECTION ! Many thanks to Madalena and Lynda, you have made a great job ! Congratulations to all the featured artists !!!

Gabriella Nilsson Gabriella Nilsson 17 posts

Thank you so,so much for including my work – It makes me very happy! :)
And what a wonderful introduction about the Earth, Lynda!!
Congratulations to everyone! :D

Ann Mortimer Ann Mortimer 98 posts

Thank you Lynda for that wonderful introduction and for including an image of mine in your choice of works. It is so true that the Earth’s beauty is awe inspiring and staggering in its variety and abundance and i feel you have amply expressed this in your gallery choice. Thanks again!

Frannie

I agree 100% with you: “Each of us can make a difference.”
The original cultures testify the veneration to the majesty of the universe, respect for nature and for each of its representatives.The global ecological crisis stems in large part from the systematic lack of respect for nature and the Earth!

Frannie

I agree 100% with you: “Each of us can make a difference.”
The original cultures testify the veneration to the majesty of the universe, respect for nature and for each of its representatives.The global ecological crisis stems in large part from the systematic lack of respect for nature and the Earth!

Conoro Conoro 130 posts

This wonderful feature highlights how painters can help to change negative destruction back to the beauty of the planet we live on. Thank you for featuring my painting and also showing the deeply feelings of the fabulous artists featured here, all of you contribute to a treasure chest of a beautiful world that vibrates with light and colour :-) Congratulations everybody and thank you Mada, Lynda and Frannie.

Geraldine M Leahy Geraldine M Leahy 339 posts

Many thanks for including my Blackberry Composition in this wonderful display – I can see that I am in good company. Congrats to all of the other artists on their inspiring work!

BeClo BeClo 9130 posts

What a wonderful topic Lynda and Frannie. Great choice of paintings too!
Congratulations to all featured artists.

Linda Callaghan Linda Callaghan 1083 posts

wonderful display of beautiful paintings …thank you for including mine! Congratulations to all the talented artists…:)

helene ruiz helene ruiz 2882 posts

beautiful! congrats!

desktop tablet-landscape content-width tablet-portrait workstream-4-across phone-landscape phone-portrait
desktop tablet-landscape content-width tablet-portrait workstream-4-across phone-landscape phone-portrait