Wildflowers of the World (Photos only) - 3/day

A Group to Showcase Wildflowers from around the World. Add in the Description Flower Name, Location and Country of the Photo

Features for December 3, 2010!

Digitalbcon Digitalbcon 738 posts

We have another selection of wildflowers from around the world to be featured this week! Please join us in congratulating the artists of these well-deserving entries!! With each passing week we are seeing a few more new members! Welcome to each and every one! We look forward to seeing the wildflowers from your part of the world! Please review the guidelines for the required information on each wildflower submitted! There are still many images uploaded which do not meet those requirements resulting in their rejection!
We are pleased to announce that George Row from IRELAND has been chosen as our new “Forever Featured Member”. Congratulations George!! Your contribution to this group is highlighted in the colorful array of wildflowers you have submitted to the group with excellent information and composition of each flower!

George Row

(Image Link to the image for comment)
AUSTRALIA

IRELAND

UNITED STATES

CANADA

UNITED KINGDOM

AUSTRALIA

Wishing you all a Wonderful Weekend wherever you are!! Stay safe!!

Blair/Vickie

Vickie Emms Vickie Emms 4999 posts

Congratulations everyone on your features this week. Such beauty!
Congratulations also go out to George Row, our 2nd Forever Featured Member! well done George, we sure do enjoy your wildflowers of Ireland

icesrun icesrun 1106 posts

Wonderful captures!!

jannina jannina 119 posts

Congratulations to everyone featured, beautiful work all!

Big congratulations also to George!! cheers, j.

George Row George Row 100 posts

Blair, Vickie,

This is by way of a much belated thank you – and an apology I suppose.

In the first week of December my home town was in the grip of the coldest weather in living memory. On the 4th December I was at a craft fair trying to sell my photographs and my Irish Wild Flower Calendar to the few people who had braved the snowy conditions to venture out on the day.

The days beforehand were spent getting photographs framed, locating wrapping materials, substituting for mounts that had not arrived in time and chasing up other details. The day itself was a stress-fest and the days immediately afterwards were spent trying to retrieve display stands and unsold items from a snow-bound gallery through, what was for us, almost impassable ice, while arranging prints for extra orders that I had taken on the day. One thing I didn’t do that week was look at RedBubble!

So I don’t THINK I noticed this announcement at the time – or if I did it was immediately driven out of my head by all the “real world” stress that was slushing about at the time.

In my original plan for my calendar I was going to include an informative caption on each month’s flower. Having done the research I included the detail in the Redbubble captions even though there was not an easy way to have it on the calendar. Hence it was largely a happy accident that my photographs met with your approval for the Wild Flowers of the World group.

So let me finally say thank you so much for making me a “Forever Featured Member” and I am so sorry that it has taken me so long to acknowledge this.

George

desktop tablet-landscape content-width tablet-portrait workstream-4-across phone-landscape phone-portrait
desktop tablet-landscape content-width tablet-portrait workstream-4-across phone-landscape phone-portrait