Tee HQ

T-Shirt Headquarters.

RB Inventory Complete!

Marjolein Katsma Marjolein Katsma 1573 posts

Previously this was posted only in the Photography Fun group (because photography is what I do); I am now joining a few major groups catering to other types of work, in order to spread the word about what may be useful to all of you. I hope you don’t mind!

#
RB Inventory Complete!

Final Beta Release

Today, I have released the final beta release of the ‘RB Inventory’ package, a set of scripts with which you can build a complete inventory of all your work on RedBubble: Art, Calendars, Clothing (T-shirts and Stickers) and Writing!

What is this?

RB Inventory is a set of scripts with which a RedBubble member can create
    a complete inventory of all their public art, calendars, clothing and
    writing on RedBubble, with title, description, all tags, and other useful meta data.

The inventory can be imported into a spreadsheet, a database, or be used
    as the source data for future scripts.

Current version: 0.97 – 2010-08-30

Why not a single script?

Since each type of work has a different page layout, each also needs a separate script. If you actually have 3 or 4 of these types of work, the easiest way to get started is to get the whole package all in one.

If you have only one or two types of work, you’d be better off just getting the appropriate scripts separately.

There is also a web site where each script has its own page with detailed instructions for installation and usage. There’s a page for the complete package as well (where you can download it from) but for detailed instructions, see the per-script pages!
Finally, the home page of the web site is where news of follow-up scripts will appear; I have many ideas! So keep an eye on it. :)

Where to get it

(And please spread the word – there’s a share button on every page ;))

Disclaimer:
The script for Clothing is as yet untested – it is likely to work but I cannot test it myself since I have no public t-shirts at all. Testers will be very welcome!

So make your inventory already! And then hang on to it, and maintain it: while RedBubble does not release any “bulk editing” tools, scripts working with your inventory can partly fill that gap. And, if you’re in time, you’ll have a record of all your tags. (If not, I’ll attempt to make a script to ‘import’ whatever it is RedBubble will mail to you with info on which tags they have thrown away where…

Cheers,
Marjolein Katsma