Solo Exhibition

Artist solo exhibitions, juried invitational exhibitions, and workshops

Inside Solo, vol 18 (Nov 16 2009) (locked)

F.A. Moore F.A. Moore 37048 posts

Here’s the Great Volume 18 of Inside Solo! – a little late (Monday) due to a major storm/power outage.

<<CLICK COVER FOR 28 page PDF DOWNLOAD (4.9 MB)

If your RB home page did not make the news, and it was between Thurs. and Sunday, please let me know.
(Kseniya, I’m holding yours until next time. :)

Right-click and Save Target As to your computer maybe to a folder called Inside Solo. (Windows)
(Mac) Control-click, Download File As to your computer.
Then open the file with Adobe Acrobat Reader (free) or Preview (Mac).

Opening in your browser will cause a delay of 30-40 seconds on what looks like a blank page. WAIT. It’s loading. (This is the slow method, but will work with most browsers.)

Please come back to comment, as it means so much to the featured artists and writers! Thank you!
CONGRATULATIONS!

Diana-Lee Saville Diana-Lee Saville 740 posts

HA HA That is so cool!!!! Thanks Fran…I’ll have to send a copy to my mum :))

mimulux mimulux 68 posts

oh awesome :) thank you so much.. :) !!

maxy maxy 17347 posts

Just got done looking through the magazine – Frannie it’s great! So many different and wonderful new things to come too! Love it!

peterrobinsonjr peterrobinsonjr 42 posts

very impressed with the presentation and information provided.. thanks

©Janis Zroback ©Janis Zroback 8119 posts

As always…a superb issue….congratulations on your fine work Frannie…

Oh, I’m so glad you early birds have looked it over and given your thumbs up!
Once again, the contributions of Linda Ridpath, Elizabeth Bravo, and Richard Sunderland, in this issue are wonderful and insightful. More than that for me, they made this issue possible! Thank you Di, Mimulux, Maxy, Peter, and Janis!

@Diana-Lee Saville: Di, I have to have an even number of pages. So, I just scooted the groups off the back and added him and Rain to the back cover. It was the last thing done on the magazine. :)

Elizabeth Bravo Elizabeth Bravo 5562 posts

Fran, what an awesome issue as we have come to expect. I have to say a big thank you to you for inviting me to contribute……what a fun journey it is to really spend time with an artists piece and study it with such intensity. I started quite slowly involving my self in this group, but as an artist with so much growth ahead, I couldn’t have asked for a better surrounding.
Again back to the Issue, I am always so thrilled to be introduced to new work (This issue is packed with that) New artists to me, but there are also others that I have seen before and I’m thrilled to see them featured here. I have always loved Mimi Yoon’s work and Come home and Firey medusa are wonderful examples. What a wonderful write up by Richard Sunderland. A big congratulations to all of the featured artists, writers and to Susan Kimball…..Susan, I can’t wait to browse your work!! I have a lot more to read and look at…..but the issue looks fantastic to me.

helene ruiz helene ruiz 2877 posts

You guys are just something else…giant hugs to u…u truly have made my day!

izzybeth izzybeth 345 posts

So I don’t forget I am saying cheers now!!! I am sure to be delighted!!! How many pages 28?… even with a power outage. I am ready to sink my teeth into it!!!

@Elizabeth, I felt bad leaving out the groups this issue and one less feature. But in the interest of time… it was more important to get it out asap. I agree that it is always nice to see known artist written about, along with newer ones. Mimi Yoon and Helene Ruiz are perfect examples of that in this issue. Widely known, widely shown, and yet we see significant, illuminating articles on each. I’m very happy that you are trying writing on for size. :)

@Helene: so so happy to run a full feature on you in this issue. And even happier that you love it. Linda will be thrilled. Hug back!

@izzybeth: Beth, sorry that you have the flu or a bug. I was reading about those fuzzy slippers. ;) Take care, stay warm, and get better. Yes, I cut the group page and one feature out of interest in time. You’re a champ for popping in! G’night!

Elizabeth Burton Elizabeth Burton 43 posts

Lovely issue full of wonderful talent from all over :) Thanks for including me and congrats on a job well done!

Yan Gao Yan Gao 20 posts

thank you so much.. :)

Matt Mawson Matt Mawson 262 posts

Another great issue … I appreciate the work you’ve put into these, Frannie. And congratulations to Diana-Lee for being featured twice!

PSL1 PSL1 195 posts

A great issue….Frannie, beautifully done under the circumstances you had to work with you pull it of… Bravo.
I have just printed it of will settle down to it with a little something to drink….

richman richman 405 posts

Oh My! you have made me feel very proud. THANK YOU. you have made my day!

Alixzandra Alixzandra 697 posts

Great read, so much information and a brilliant mix of artistry.

Joanne  Bradley Joanne Bradley 206 posts

Bravo Frannie another fantastic issue of Inside Solo! A great big welcome to Elizabeth Bravo as a contributing writer. Both of your pieces were so well done Elizabeth, insightful and perceptive! I want to mention to Richard Sunderland that I love his Italian Sketchbook. What a wonderful journey you take us on, Richard! As a photographer I am fascinated by how a painter looks at the world and I think it improves my overall observation as well. So happy to see Susan Kimball featured this week Frannie! I just love the warm inviting memories she creates!
And the addition of Mimi Yoon was wonderful! You can’t help but be captivated by her imaginative and creative presentations!

@Elizabeth Burton: Yay, Elizabeth! Congrats again on your home page feature. As I said to DebraLee Wiseberg who was also featured in Art News this week and sent her gratitude, we DO celebrate RB Home pages here. It’s something to shout about.

@Yan gao, glad to have you onboard! Welcome to Solo.

@Matt Mawson: Hi Matt! It had to be great to see Di win the Buyer’s Booth with that fantastic picture of her goat, Izzy, closely examining your poster art tribute to her beloved Newman. What a great image you created there for Di. She must be so happy with it, her Buyer’s Booth win, and, yes, her new foal! How about that Vinny! Thanks, Matt!

@Peter Lessey: Makes me so happy, Peter, to see your comments here and to know that you are enjoying each issue. I’m sure the writers share my sentiments. Thank you!

@Richie Fox: Greetings! Congratulations again on your beautiful art that was picked up on Red Bubble’s home page. It is something to be very proud of, Richie and I’m delighted I have this way to show off your success! :D

@Alixzandra: Welcome to Solo! It’s so good to have you here and sharing your views on the magazine, too. Thank you! The variety of writers and their insight and personal experiences as artists gives a depth and dimension to the magazine that I could not achieve by myself. So I thank you on behalf of all.

@Joanne Bradley: Thank you Joanne and for giving Elizabeth Bravo a warm and encouraging greeting. I’ve always enjoyed Elizabeth’s insightful comments and now, to have her writing for the magazine, is an honor.

Thanks also of your mention of Richard Sunderland’s Italian Sketchbook series. I’m loving the series. Taken in little bites like this, it seems like just the right pace. And I just love viewing his sketches! I thoroughly enjoyed his meaningful article on two of Mimi Yoon’s works!

Thank you for your contributions to the magazine, Joanne. The magazine has taken a new turn with your insightful features. :D

izzybeth izzybeth 345 posts

It has been wonderful so far!!!

DebraLee Wiseberg DebraLee Wiseberg 717 posts

Just wanted to take a moment to say THANK YOU so much for mentioning me in this Edition. It is so flattering to be acknowledged amongst your peers and for that I thank you Frannie. I can see I’m in good company here!

Regards
DebraLee Wiseberg

Vanessa Barklay Vanessa Barklay 917 posts

Me too!! Thanks so much Frannie for including me too, I made the Red Bubble Home Page and appreciate you picking up on it and adding in my Einstein drawing and link to my Profile, great issue, top work Frannie, thanks!! :O)