is awarded to:

John Poon, for 斷崖落影 [page 4]

Collaboration. Quality of Reproduction – 2nd Place
is awarded to:

Gili Orr, for Jazz Trio translation – final [page 5]

Collaboration. Collaborative Connection – 2nd Place
is awarded for the translation, and also for the
originating work to which it is has a strong connection:

Lana Wynne, for Moon Diamond Siamese [page 1]   < and its connection to: >   F.A. Moore, for Garden Variety Siamese [page 1]

Digital Art – 2nd Place
is awarded to:

Peyton Duncan, for She Reads Them to Sleep [page 6]

Photographic Art – 2nd Place
is awarded to:

Rhoufi, for Whenever I seem far away [page 6]

Traditional Art – 2nd Place
is awarded to:

Lana Wynne, for Moon Diamond Siamese [page 1]

maxy maxy 17347 posts

Love that drum Lily! :-)

maxy maxy 17347 posts

WOW!!!! Congratulations – BIG Congratulations!!!

maxy maxy 17347 posts

I see a lot of my favorites in there!

F.A. Moore F.A. Moore 37050 posts

Love the drums Lilly. They had me mesmerized and I forgot to flip to page 19!

Congratulations to all of our 2nd place winners: @John Poon, Gili, Lana, Peyton, Rhoufi, and Lana (again!)

Exceptional work, all!

lilynoelle lilynoelle 1053 posts

:) It’s a hyper drum lol

CONGRATULATIONS 2nd PLACERS!!!!! :) A wonderful, well-deserving list!

Forward statement: Solo’s upcoming Season 2012

Season goals, in summary:

1. maintain virtual fine art and photography gallery on RedBubble
  2. commitment to more Solo shows, on RB and at solo-exhibition.com
  3. commitment to regular, quality Juried Invitational Exhibitions
  4. optional subscription to Solo notices and calls for artists by email
  5. Inside Solo magazine published again
  6. committed to providing tools to promote your art
  7. committed to hosting specialty sites and promo-pages for artists/photographers
  8. committed to partnering w/ artists to offer online art lessons
  9. committed to pursuing license offers on behalf of artists
  10. looking to add Team Solo Aides (volunteer helpers)
  11. “Host Hullabaloo” – for 3rd year, kicks off 2012 season

Season goals, expanded:
Solo will maintain a virtual fine art and photography gallery on RedBubble and continue to
focus on the virtual exhibition experience, here, and on the website, solo-exhibition.com

We’re committed to more Solo Shows, and will have a presence on and off of RedBubble to
be able to Solo more capable artists. Go to http://solo-exhibition.com/exhibitions to see the style
of show on the web site. This is clean, with no comments, but with a permanent link. Currently it
does not work with Internet Explorer, and we’re committed to fixing that.

We’re committed to quality Juried Invitational Exhibitions, on a regular monthly basis. We may
alter these between nominated works and the workshop driven exhibitions. Not everyone wants
to participate in workshops, and we have a commitment to showcasing the best art and artists of Solo.

To continue regular workshops, and handle more (and better) events and promotions, we will be
enlisting the service of volunteers — "Team Solo Aides"

Messages will continue to be integral to membership in Solo, and required, just as they have been
since Solo’s inception. Next season, Solo will have a way for you to optionally subscribe to email
notices through your regular email
. The goal is to eventually output the most important notices
through a private system.

“Inside Solo”, one of the first, if not the first of premier art magazines on RedBubble, and the only
art review magazine, will once again be in production in 2012. Our writers are committed and
anxious to share; and we have some new additions to the team. Our goal is to make it a profit
center, through advertising sponsors, by 2013, and to have gallery owner subscribers.

We’re committed to providing tools to help you promote your photography, art, and services on
and off RedBubble.

Solo is committed to hosting artist sites, in 2012, providing a needed service to artists and
photographers. A free promotional page will be available to all members. You will be able to add
RedBubble’s promotional tools to the page, or choose from other options. Solo will also offer premium
artist and photographer web sites, complete with blogs, Flash slideshows, auto-responders for building
client rapport, social network tie-ins, and other promotional tools. If you have been wanting your own
web site, this will be your opportunity to have a great one that probably has everything you need and
want built in from the get go. You will be able to point your visitors to your portfolio work, here on RB,
with ease.

Solo will also be partnering with qualified artists to offer Art Lessons from solo-exhibition.com. We will
have an entire system available to those artists who are qualified and would like to earn an extra income
teaching online. You will be able to have classes from one to many students at a time, with video or without;
with audio or without; with document sharing. We feel that this is a great way to promote your art, while
sharing your knowledge, expertise, and love of your craft with others.

We have noticed Solo’s success in attracting licensors to artists right around their solo exhibition.
While this does not happen every time, certainly, it has happened enough that it seems not to be mere
coincidence. Considering that, we will begin pursuing this market as potential service to our members.

As you can see, Team Solo will have a busy “off-season” during the (North American) winter months.

more… (asides)

First order of duty (for the Team hiatus), starting tomorrow, is to get all of the works in Solo’s moderation cue
looked at and decisions made. This will take a little time.

We may run one winter workshop, depending on the volunteer level for “Team Solo Aides”.

Host Hullabaloo kicks us off for the new year. It will be in its third year, in 2012. Host Hullabaloo is a group
exhibition with individual galleries, featuring RedBubble hosts (who happen to also be members of Solo).
It’s always a fun event to celebrate the artwork of hosts. There will be a sign up for that in messages
sometime this month.

We are always open to feed back, if it is given privately and respectfully. Doing so on a public platform
doesn’t benefit anyone, and can take positive, creative energy and tank it. Thank you to all who participated
in the recent survey. We’d like to utilize survey’s more to gather your input.

Leslie Gustafson Leslie Gustafson 803 posts

Fabulous!! Congrats everyone! Yay Lana – so well deserved!:-)

Without further ado, it’s my pleasure to present the 1st place awards, as follows:

THE 1st PLACE AWARDS, for the categories including
Collaboration, Traditional Art, Digital Art, and Photographic Art

Collaboration Originality of Translation – 1st Place Award
is awarded, in a tie, to both:

Elizabeth Bravo, for What you teach your children……echoes [page 4]
and

Samantha Aplin, for Feel so different [page 1]

Collaboration Quality of Reproduction – 1st Place Award
is awarded to:

edy4sure, for History Rocks [page 1]

Collaboration Collaborative Connection – 1st Place Award
is awarded, in a tie, to two translations, and also for the
originating work to which it each, respective translation has a strong connection:

edy4sure, for History Rocks [page 4]   < and its connection to: >   Sue Nichol, for Froggatt Edge, Derbyshire [page 4]

and

Danilo Lejardi, for Those Subtle Emanations Of Perfume [page 2]   < and its connection to: >   lilynoelle, for The Scent of Love, origins [page 2]

Digital Art – 1st Place
is awarded to:

Danilo Lejardi, for Those Subtle Emanations Of Perfume [page 2]

Photographic Art – 1st Place
is awarded to:

John Holding, for I remember you [page 3]

Traditional Art – 1st Place
is awarded to:

ArtPearl, for Woodland Streams and Dreams [page 5]

Elizabeth Bravo Elizabeth Bravo 5562 posts

YAY!!!!!! ARE WE READY FOR THE NEXT AWARDS FRANNIE……I THINK YOU ARE ON STAGE!!!!!!!

Sue Nichol Sue Nichol 2771 posts

Great to see my faves too!

annihoo annihoo 181 posts

Wuhuu, Peyton!! Congratulations to you!!!

So many names, I can’t keep up. But I am coming a little bit behind… s l o w l y :D

Oh, how WONDERFUL! Danilo you do me proud! :) EVERYONE is wonderful.

Huge congrats to the 1st place winners, @Elizabeth Bravo, Samantha, Eddy, Danilo, Danilo (again!), John Holding, and Pnina!

Fabulous, fabulous, and fabulous. All placement awards are based on top scores from ALL Judges.

Robin Webster Robin Webster 595 posts

Congrats to all of you exceptionally talented Second Place Winners!!!! Yipppeee!!!

maxy maxy 17347 posts

Beautiful!!! Congratulations to you all and so deserving!

Leslie Gustafson Leslie Gustafson 803 posts

Wow Frannie! SO much to look forward to in 2012! So honored to be a part of this amazing group!!

We have to keep moving so we’re going to now introduce a FIRST TIME AWARD for Solos Juried Invitational Exhibitions.

About Participants’ Choice Survey and Awards

Participants of the SoJie 14 workshop were invited to vote on the persons who they felt

1. 1) made the most outstanding contributions to the workshop, and
  2. 2) created the best artwork for the exhibition. Both categories included originating collaborators
    (i.e., those whose works were accepted for the catalog, to be translated in the workshop) and/or
    their work, and translating artists and/or their inspired work.

Forty-nine out of sixty-two participating artists voted (79%); all participating also rated the workshop and
some of you, offered ideas as well, which the team will be considering for the 2012 season. Thank you!!

I want to give a personal shoutout and thank you for those of you who put my name for best contributor.
When you put your all into something, it is a heart warming experience to read comments of appreciation.
My heart now carries these; thank you. That said, I was the moderator, and thus expected to go above and beyond.

This leads us today to the results.

I’m happy to see InsideSolo will be back!

Sue Nichol Sue Nichol 2771 posts

Oh now I am jumping up and down. I was so lucky to have such wonderful translations of my work. Thank you and congratulations to everyone.

THE PARTICIPANTS’ CHOICE AWARDS

It is my pleasure, as moderator of the SoJie 14 workshop to award the following, first-ever,
“Participants’ Choice Awards”, on behalf of ALL PARTICIPANTS of Solo Exhibition’s
SoJie 14 WORKSHOP, to two outstanding participants.

Here is what you said about how the “Best Workshop Contributor” affected your workshop experience:

[He] was a tremendous help to me, he gave me so much encouragement when I was ready to give up on my
idea, thank you John ;)

— lindab

His art, photographic and digital, is of the highest standard technically, aesthetically and with an emotional
‘message’. His WIP’S and explanations of his approach and procedures are clear, enthusiastic and engaging.

—ArtPearl

Undoubtedly, John Poon is a Maestro; so the mere fact of participating in the workshop as well as to have
the opportunity to appreciate his images greatly contributes to the dimension of this event. Practically all his
WIPs are not only consumed works but are works that invite reflection and enjoyment alike. And there’s his
energy, the positive energy that John conveys both from his work as well as from his comments.

—Danilo Lejardi

…for his enthusiasm, detailed WIPs, and support for everyone involed with the workshop. I find him to be
so inspiring and talented.

—Robin Webster

I think his wips were outstanding, it was wonderful to read his thought processes and i thought each image
was an inspiration and stunning in their own right. I was luck enough to translate one of his images, but even
luckier to have him translate one of mine. Throughout both processes he was very supportive, as he was with
other artists.

—Sue Nichol

And from anonymous admirers, the following:

I think he, not only translates beautiful works, but he also contributes a lot of feedback, suggestions, ideas,
and opinions. He is very “present” in the workshops. He is always supportive of others and their processes
no matter the medium or genre. I’ve learned quite a bit from him, and have enjoyed getting to know him and
his work through these events.

Always willing to help out, gives encouragement. His WIP’s are very in depth of what he’s thinking and feeling
in coming up with his translations.

…because of his ability not only to participate but to comment on other’s work and to respond in kind, to
people’s comments on his work.

…because he should his process with astonishing results and was very helpful to others.

highly involved creatively, in explaining his process and supporting others!

Since the Contributor award is not for an artwork, we are placing the award badge here, in the awards ceremony.
Thanks to Elisabeth Dubois, who has just joined the Graphics Team of Solo, for creating the beautiful
Participants’ Choice Award badges.

Participants’ Choice Award for Best Workshop Contributor
by popular vote of the workshop participants, is awarded to:

John Poon

Participants’ Choice Award
for Best Workshop Contributor
SoJie 14, October 2011

Participants’ Choice Award for Best Artwork
by popular vote of the workshop participants, is awarded to:

Peyton Duncan, for She Reads Them to Sleep [page 6]

Participants’ Choice Award
for Best Artwork
SoJie 14, October 2011

Elizabeth Bravo Elizabeth Bravo 5562 posts

I guess I missed it…… let me add CONGRATULATIONS TO John holding, Danilo Lejardi x2, edy4sure x2, ArtPearl, SAM YAY AND ME….!!!!!!!!! NOW THAT WAS A SURPRISE!!!!

Wow, @John and @Peyton! So much to be proud of!

desktop tablet-landscape content-width tablet-portrait workstream-4-across phone-landscape phone-portrait
desktop tablet-landscape content-width tablet-portrait workstream-4-across phone-landscape phone-portrait