Solo Exhibition

Artist solo exhibitions, juried invitational exhibitions, and workshops

SoJie 6 - Solo's Juried Invitational Exhibition August 2010

Susan  Kimball Susan Kimball 453 posts

JUSTART JUSTART 499 posts

11 minutes……!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dperalta dperalta 193 posts

Oh dear I barely have time to visit the Ladies Room. Sylvia will you hold my coffee?

Elizabeth Bravo Elizabeth Bravo 5561 posts

FINGERS CROSSED THAT FRANNIES POWER DOESN’T GO OUT!!!! NOW THAT WOULD BE SO SAD!!!!!
I also hope I can pull this off with out missing my flight……..the airport is now a soft murmur and everyone is talking about the art and who they think might take home an award………but most of all they are still waiting in line for more food!!!!!

F.A. Moore F.A. Moore 37052 posts

5 more minutes!

Yes, keep your fingers toes and legs crossed. :))

Lois  Bryan Lois Bryan 472 posts

What an astounding trip it is for me to view all these incredible works of art … ALL WINNERS … all in one place and in large format!!!!!!!! Some familiar and beloved … so many new and inspiring!!!!!! Congratulations to everyone!!!!!! WHEEEE!!!

dperalta dperalta 193 posts

crosses legs

mttmaliha mttmaliha 1387 posts

running to get my tea ……cant wait

So excited you are a part of SoJie 6, @Elizabeth! We’ll get it done.

3 minutes and counting!! We will start right on time!

In my opening statement, I’ll add a little of what to expect and the soft protocol. So newbies, welcome!!

Less than 2 minutes now!

Elizabeth Rodriguez Elizabeth Rodr... 11033 posts

I like the idea of a drum roll please!!!!!!!!!!!!

30 seconds………. applause please!!!!!

Scottb1977 Scottb1977 221 posts

is it finished i fell asleep

Greetings from New Hampshire (Maxy), Arizona (Elizabeth’s current flyzone), and the coast of Virginia (me), here, in the United States, and also from our host country, Australia.

Most all of our Australian friends are probably in bed by now, but when they wake up, it may be like Christmas for them. So if they are winners, be sure to applaud loudly, and we may even shake them out of bed.

When we paste in awards, that is YOUR CUE to clap, hooray, congratulate, and go wild FOR A MINUTE and applaud the just named winners. We may interrupt you, because we keep moving like a Laurel and Hardy with some steam rollers to keep the show to exactly an hour.

Without further ado, Welcome to SoJie 6, the 6th Solo Juried Invitational Exhibition of Fine Traditional Art, Photographic Art, and Digital Art.

Currently Maxy is placing the special judge’s awards, awarded by MATT MAWSON to Digital Artists.

Judge’s awards are extra, above and beyond the Placement awards.

MATT MAWSON

MATT MAWSON WAS THE DIGITAL ARTS CATEGORY
EXPERT, ON THE JURY FOR SOJIE 6.

Matt has illustrated books, including “The gentle art of cat surfing”, cartoons by Matt Mawson (University of Queensland Press, 1981), “Talks with my skateboard: a collection of poems” by Libby Hathorn (ABC Enterprises, 1991). His 1981 book of cartoons has been updated with new drawings and color as The Lost Art of Cat Surfing, on LuLu.

Drawing since a pre-teen, when his interest was consumed by comics and cartoons, Matt Mawson eventually drew for the Radio Times and Cane Toad Times, before eventually going freelance, and combining his photography with vector drawing.

Matt Mawson’s August 2010 Solo Exhibition is now the permanent Matt Mawson Gallery on RedBubble.

Best known on RedBubble for his classic vector drawings, based on his photographs of people and their pets, Matt’s solo exhibition show primarily focused on his extreme makeover of classic autos.

Here’s some of his work:
|
buick eight
by Matt Mawson
|
Lucy and Angie
by Matt Mawson
|

maxy maxy 17347 posts

WOW!!! Our 6th… our SIXTH Solo Juried Invitational Exhibition!!!

… and what a wonderful group of artists in the gallery right now! This is so exciting!!!

Such a wonderful variety of works, from the beautiful abstract world, to the wonderful realm of paint, and the click of just one beautiful lens!

It’s incredibly what beauty can come from the mind, heart and soul!

I hope, if you have not, that you have a chance to browse this incredible gallery – I just know that you will love it and every piece in it!! We’re so proud and thrilled to present their work in this SoJie 6 event!!! Enjoy!!! :-)

We just refresh our screens to see new posts. You can do the same with command-R on the Mac, and maybe windows-R on windows (or F1)

There’s nothing automated about it. It’s like old-time chat, where you refresh, refresh. :D

So NOW Maxy is placing special awards from our Digital expert on the Jury, Matt Mawson.

Elizabeth Rodriguez Elizabeth Rodr... 11033 posts

YAY MATT!!!!!! WHAT A GREAT JUDGE!!!!! LOVE YOU MATT!!!!

Scottb1977 Scottb1977 221 posts

CONGRATS ; 0 )

desktop tablet-landscape content-width tablet-portrait workstream-4-across phone-landscape phone-portrait
desktop tablet-landscape content-width tablet-portrait workstream-4-across phone-landscape phone-portrait