"♥ show me a sign ♥"

♥ heART that is making a difference ♥

♥FEATURES that are making a difference - VOL2 ♥

gabryshak gabryshak 227 posts

EDIT NOTE: JULY 17th, 2009
i had to double check it,
but our book is open at the moment to a complete preview of our book…
you have to see it, it really truly is soooooooo beautiful….
i can’t wait to hear your feedback!!!

heart that is making a difference
go quick, because they are only suppose to release the first 15 pages for preview, but there must be a glitch, i’m thrilled about it… i had a couple sad artists today they went to go see the book and couldn’t see…

so go now!
and come back and tell me what you think!
♥t

♥First I’d like to recognize Do1Thing who came to us from an excellent project of the same title Do 1 Thing as our Featured Artist this month

Do 1 Thing has been receiving respectable coverage in the media like People Magazine and WAMC Northeast Public Radio says, “There are so many problems today, it’s hard to know where to start. Even the Obama Administration is taking the kitchen sink approach – throw it all in there and see how far we can get. But the president has also called on Americans to get involved…a renewed call to roll up our sleeves and help clean this up. A group of award winning photojournalists are doing just that – picking one issue – the growing number of homeless teenagers – and doing what they can.” Do 1 Thing is the vision in action of Show Me a Sign. Please take a moment to learn more about what they do, and be inspired.

♥So our first featured work this month by Do1Thing is the stunningly beautiful image of Ronald Foster spent most of his life living in dozens of foster homes. At 18, he aged out of care. At 19, he’s homeless…. what i want to know, is how on earth does he end up on the street after aging out of care. shouldn’t his foster parents given him the tools he needed to be successful?

♥The most recent piece that really grabbed us was still a prisoner by oddoutlet taken at one of the prisons/museums in Phnom Phen, proves to be a dramatic showing of the awesome awareness that many photographers develop… suggesting what may very well be the ‘all too close to reality for this man’: that he was forever imprisoned behind these walls. Uploaded for our latest challenge, oddoutlet wants to recognize Amnesty International

♥ Our next feature comes from Jamie Lamb with an image titled Let’s Talk showing “in a sea of people someone made the time to stop and check on this poor soul. It amazed me to see how many people would actually step over this gentleman as they walked to and from.”

♥"For Sale":http://www.redbubble.com/people/marktull/art/30... from Mark Tull brings home the sad reality of present day London for many.

♥Our next feature comes to us from Mary Ann Reilly brings us a haunting vision of The New Depression in present day New Jersey

♥"Soledad":http://www.redbubble.com/people/elbambino/art/2... is a striking image taken by Alessandro Pinto depicting “One of the many old people coping the hard reality of poverty and solitude in latin america after leaving small villages and hoping for a better life in bigger city” taken in Peru

♥"In Colour":http://www.redbubble.com/people/shutupjaye/art/... comes to us from ShutupJaye with a stunning composition of a man down and out in NY

♥Speaking of down and out DebraLee Wiseberg brings us a heart-wrenching image called Down and Out certainly begging us to count our blessings!

♥"Karsten Stier":http://www.redbubble.com/people/karsten brings us a very creative piece done in Oil on Stretched Canvas titled Fallen Angel “a street story about some young girl who went down the wrong path in her life. The girl and her shadow are reversed. Thus the reflection in the mirror is what she has become. A shadow of her former self. . . .”

♥Our next feature by Linaji reminds us how painful thinking can be a choice… revealing with us that “When I came to understand that my own choice of thoughts made me feel either good or bad I began to be conscious of my thinking and started to take full responsibility for my thoughts.”

Leroy Skalstad whose entire RB body of work is on the homeless draws us into a the life of a Young homeless couple on a “chilly and blustery late October day. Don and Kathy, Both just 19 and homeless, Wait with others from the street for a mealvan to arrive. Sandwiches and soup will offer a short yet welcome respite.”

♥ The artist who showed us much love last month Judith Oppenheimer brings it on again with her emotive piece Summertime done in the cool shades of blue –a brilliantly stark contrast to the sunshiney days so many take for granted

♥Another stirring image by Judith Oppenheimer is Moving Boxes brings us one step closer to real life in her neighborhood

♥Out of Beijing, Maka1967 brings us Stranger in Paradise depicting the sad ever so present sneerish glare that is often lent to those less fortunate

♥and last but not least, Steven Potashnyk was featured for two of his images from his series on street life… we hope to see more of your powerful, evocative work!!

And

I am so inspired by all of you who have joined and shared your heART with us at ♥ Show Me A Sign♥, where little by little, our art is making a difference… Keep up the powerful, emotive work!!

and…If you haven’t done so already, go over and check out the entries for choose your purpose and cast your vote, only two days left!

as always,
blessings and inspirations
♥t

just found this yesterday…. we were featured on do1thing website (you have to hit the redbubble.com link) and…….

on twitter
“New blog post: “Little by little, our art is making a difference.” Do1Thing Featured at Redbubble.com
link … so anyone clicking on the redbubble.com will come to see this page.

i am proud that little by little, our art is making a difference
and am honored to be a part of such a talented group of artists who strive to do so
♥t

aspectsoftmk aspectsoftmk 151 posts

i am so honored to be a part of this group of artists…who want for tomorrow to be better than today….thank you all….this is way cool…;)

maka1967 maka1967 11 posts

It’s encouraging that many people try to help the unfortunate brothers and sisters. It shows art can make a difference.

Thank you for all you have done!

Mary Ann Reilly Mary Ann Reilly 57 posts

So honored Gabby to have work selected for this important purpose. Thank you:)

Jamie Lamb Jamie Lamb 6 posts

I’m amazed and honoured to be a part of this and possible somehow make a difference for someone.

Thank You so much

Leroy Skalstad Leroy Skalstad 1 post

Thank you so much Gabby for the honor

Appel Appel 102 posts

How awesome!!!!! and to think this group was almost shut down! You keep going, girl!!!!

Mark Tull Mark Tull 634 posts

I’m honoured to be part of this. My shot was a turning point for me, many thanks..
Mark :o)

linaji linaji 6564 posts

HOLY COW!!!!!!!! I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOO HONORED.. I MISSED YOUR BUBBLE MAIL AND JUST FOUND IT THIS MORNING..
How can I tell you the depth of my joy that I have been chosen to be part of your great journey.. Full OF HOPE!!!

Trifle Trifle 4 posts

Incredible group and very moving images!!

oddoutlet oddoutlet 536 posts

I think it’s awesome that peoples art can be used to evoke important messages about the state of humanity because we are all part of the journey and it’s important to recognise those that don’t have it so easy during that journey!!

DebraLee Wiseberg DebraLee Wiseberg 717 posts

I’m sorry I didn’t realize all this was happening. I am also flattered to be part of this project. Not sure what I need to do to get things rolling…please let me know what you require to help with this project.

Debra Wiseberg
Toronto

i had to double check it,
but our book is open at the moment to a complete preview of our book…
you have to see it, it really truly is soooooooo beautiful….
i can’t wait to hear your feedback!!!

heart that is making a difference
go quick, because they are only suppose to release the first 15 pages for preview, but there must be a glitch, i’m thrilled about it… i had a couple sad artists today they went to go see the book and couldn’t see…

so go now!
and come back and tell me what you think!
♥t

Contributing artists from Show me a Sign
for our book heART that is making a difference

Tonja Gabryshak, USA (me)
Brian Oh, USA (on overall design)
Peter Hammer, Australia
Richard M. Newton, USA
Ilana Rose, Australia
Zhao Jin, China
Karsten Stier, Australia
Leroy Allen Skalstad, USA
Biren Brahmbhatt, India
B. K. von Bernhard, USA
Terri Korom, USA
DebraLee Wiseberg, Canada
Mark Tull, United Kingdom
Enno Kosk, Estonia
Judith Oppenheimer, USA
Jacqueline Farrell, USA
Tara Gill, USA
Lindsay Coleman, USA
Letaief Slim, Tunisia
Daniel Cautrell, USA
Richard Barry, Australia
Jan Landers, USA

thank you again for sharing your heART!

Special thanks to JD Martin, Jamie Houston & Wendy Waldman for the Verses from “One Heart”:http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vi... seen throughout the left hand pages are used by permission -website www.Garrett-Martin.com

desktop tablet-landscape content-width tablet-portrait workstream-4-across phone-landscape phone-portrait
desktop tablet-landscape content-width tablet-portrait workstream-4-across phone-landscape phone-portrait