cokijn vs lee filters

phillip wise phillip wise 273 posts

trying to buy some lee soft filters in tassie and tried one store they dont stock them but they did try to sell me cokin filters are these just as good or not ?

S T S T 227 posts

haven’t used lee filters before, but am informed that they are substantially better than cokin filters (and the price reflects that). lee filters are upwards of $100AUD whilst cokin p filters are about 1/3 that.

a drawback with the cokin filters is that there is a visible magenta/pink tint when the filters are stacked. for an example of what i mean, look at the mt fuji shot in my portfolio

i own cokin filters and would recommend them if u can get over the tint

Martin Pot Martin Pot 1014 posts

You can’t compare Cokin P filters with Lee filters. You need to look at the Cokin Z-Pro filters for any sort of reasonable comparison.

Peter Hill Peter Hill 595 posts

In my opinion, Lee filters produced far less colour casting than Cokins and that includes the Cokin Z-Pro, so much so that I can spot a photo taken with a Cokin from its RB thumbnail that wasn’t corrected in post when moderating submissions to the 5D2 Group.

The Lee distributor you want to ask is Mediavision. They do have Soft Grads in stock. The last one I bought was the Soft 1.2. I give contact details in the Resource section of my Guide to ND Filters

phillip wise phillip wise 273 posts

thjanks peter have got my lee filters but still in the box as i’ve been to busy to get em out

desktop tablet-landscape content-width tablet-portrait workstream-4-across phone-landscape phone-portrait
desktop tablet-landscape content-width tablet-portrait workstream-4-across phone-landscape phone-portrait