!!*Photography* Challenge Group!! Happy Holidays :-)

This group is all about Themed Photography Challenges

Cleaning up group a little.. could you please help? You will not need to leave/rejoin, it's REALLY simple now...

ellismorleyphto ellismorleyphto 6347 posts

Hi

So the time has come to finally knuckle down and sort out some of the old works in the group and while I did a little for a few days, there is still a long way to go…

I wrote more but the lovely mouse that I am using has buttons on the side which meant that I lost EVERYTHING d’oh… so here is a lot more bulleted version (sorry if it sounds bulleted too… my prose and friendly nature was erased hehehe….)

Anyway… I would like to remove all work that has NOT been featured… for us as hosts it’s RELATIVELY easy to spot which is which HOWEVER it’s very very time consuming… 20 pages can be dealt with in about 30-40 minutes… but here is how you can help (PLEASE ☺☺☺♥)

UPDATE TO ORIGINAL MESSAGE… IF YOUR WORK HAS BEEN FEATURED YOU ARE WELCOME TO REMOVE IT IF YOU WANT TO/IF IT’S EASIER FOR YOU BUT WE ARE KEEPING IT IN FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO WANT IT TO REMAIN IN THE PERMANENT GALLERY

Thanks to RedBubble’s newish system it’s easy…

1. Look at the top right hand corner when on the group area (art or forums, both should work…)
  2. Find the edit button

1. Click the arrow
  2. Click the “my works” option

1. Check the pop up that appears… if your work that appears there has not been featured in the group OR IS A SPIDER, OR IS A SNAKE OR IS A BUG (incl, no esp, butterflies) then please remove it :-)

You can remove all or one or selected works and it takes a few moments of your time… even going through the process just to create the screen shots then using MS paint then cropping then drawing, uploading and putting the link here only took about 5 minutes… trust me, you will take a LOT less time and will potentially save us hours :-D

I realise that in the past you might have had a work that finished in the top 10 but not in the top 6 so was not featured… we are asking that if it was not featured then please remove it, regardless of how it placed in the challenge. Thanks :-)

By keeping the featured works you still have that permanent gallery…. but the group is a lot more manageable for the hosts :-)

Thanks again and please, ANY questions, just ask me here or in a Bubblemail :-)

jeanlphotos jeanlphotos 9755 posts

Just removed mine.Though I havent submitted many..I did "clean up for your group

You’re an absolute star, Jean… sounds tiny but every little helps! Just removed about 30 pages of unfeatured work… took around 7 or 8 minutes…. was quite therapeutic but of course help from the members is awesome :-D

Qnita Qnita 5541 posts

Wow!! I had only one featured work… :-)
Done!! Hope it helped!
:-)

Thanks Qnita, wonderful :-)

I did manage to remove about 50 pages in total, it’s really quite fun once you get into the rhythm but of course all help is just that bit extra helpful :-P

Once this clean up is finished then in the future we will just be able to remove work after each challenge (ok every couple of weeks or whatever) :-)

Thanks again Qnita and all who have helped so far :-)

Qnita Qnita 5541 posts

You’re welcome!

Photography  by Mathilde Photography b... 3354 posts

Hi – have deleted mine – easy decision as I did not have a feature on either – Mattie

@Qnita: ☺☺
@Mattie Thank you!! :-D

Fantastic! Thank you everyone! So far all your combined efforts have deleted a fantastic TEN PAGES!!! :-D I am still going through the pages myself but please do not underestimate how much your assistance is helping! :-D

Update: Well over 220 pages deleted in total now… thanks one more time to those of you who helped out :-D

Nikella Nikella 23 posts

I did my part & removed all non-features! Thanks for all your hard work, hosts!

Nikella, thank you so much! :-D

Themis Themis 3056 posts

Thanks, Joanne :-) and thanks, members :-)

With now under 180 pages, the group is looking a lot healthier… thank you all again for your help :-)

As a challenge ends, it would be great if you could remove any work that was not featured… although of course it is a lot more manageable now for us to do it sporadically.

This is no longer a sticky topic… thanks again everyone :-)

Qnita Qnita 5541 posts

You’re welcome!