Pink Panther Magazine--Feminist Art & Writing

A women's group, celebrating feminist art and writing

Crotchless Panties for Little Girls

H Maria Perry H Maria Perry 4327 posts

FFS! I don’t even know what to say! America is a rape culture

Crotchless Panties for 7 Year Olds

©Janis Zroback ©Janis Zroback 8190 posts

After Tots and Tiaras, kids getting Botox, padded bras for little girls, I am never surprised at anything that is being produced for the children’s market, but this is a total shocker….

Anna Shaw Anna Shaw 7362 posts

ARRRGGGHHH!!!!!!!

Did you see the news about the talking baby doll sold at Toys R Us that babbles for a bit then calls it’s mother a bitch ….saw it on the Today show this morning….Toys R Us said that parents could return it if they are offended…

And we wonder why our adolescents seem to be going feral!

Thanks so much for sharing this Janis.

xx
Anna

ps

i would love to include this topic in the next mag – it is just another way that the anti’s out there are putting down women. Any more examples would be good – (even if it drives us crazy.)

xx

I will keep eyes and ears open…I think the world has gone crazy in the pursuit of money….

So do I Janis – and I hate it. However, I just love the fact that here we actually care. Thank you.

Every time I come across that program Toddlers and Tiaras, I want to slap the moms…they should know better, but they too are victims of the general greed that seems to pervade the entire society…

I don’t know that one – but there are plenty more that promote little girls as bimbos.

These little girls are actually wearing padded bras at age four…..plastered with makeup and doing provocative dances, singing songs by Shania Twain and Beyonce…it’s horrible…

Jenifer DeBellis Jenifer DeBellis 1322 posts

Anna! Welcome to Toddlers and Tiara’s.

Seeing them so close up makes it even more surreal…I feel like I’ve walked into a bride of Chucky nightmare…
And it’s not only mothers, there are fathers who are just as involved….the statement they make in their own defense are ridiculous…the kids often protest, throw tantrums etc. and even though the mothers say they would take them out if they did not like it, I bet that never happens…the culture of celebrity and money is too strong…the women are living vicariously through these little girls…it’s really sad…

Jenifer DeBellis Jenifer DeBellis 1322 posts

I’m speechless about the talking doll. :/ I did google it and was only able to find a few articles about the complaints that were brought forward and what Toys R Us opted to do—that is: despite complaints and national attention, the store moves to keep selling the dolls and agrees to take back (with a valid receipt) any dolls from customers who are offended by the doll’s dialogue. Apparently, the dolls are only supposed to be babbling, but one sounds as if she’s swearing. Although it appears to be an unintentional development, now that it’s become what it has, it seems rather disheartening that a store would opt to take such a position when in the long run it only serves to give them a black eye.

And this one about pole dancing classes for toddlers has my breakfast crawling back up my throat. God help us. Although I’m not for regulation, where in hell are child protective service organisations in all of this? This is WRONG!

Oh – OH OOHHHH No-ooooooooooooo.

What are these parents doing? I am truly lost for words after seeing these images and then reading the pole dancing article. I really do not know what to say.

These little girls will grow up believing that their only asset is their looks. They will grow up knowing how to manipulate and sulk. What hope?I am assuming there is a large protest going on about it all – but even so, there is still a long way to go until all the people with a brian realise that this is so wrong.

ps – They have given these toddlers breasts! arrgghh

I heard the doll on the news…they played it several times…it was quite clear what she said and I don’t think it was unintentional….I would investigate the workers in the factory, but I guess nothing more is going to happen except for little girls imitating what she says before they can even speak…I have a Toys R Us nearby and I’m going to check it out in person……why is it only the pink doll and not the blue one? Something rotten here…

Let us know how you get on at Toys R Us please Janis – and good luck.
xx

desktop tablet-landscape content-width tablet-portrait workstream-4-across phone-landscape phone-portrait
desktop tablet-landscape content-width tablet-portrait workstream-4-across phone-landscape phone-portrait