Hanna Aschenbach

AnnaAsche AnnaAsche 109 posts
HANNA ASCHENBACH

“My inspiration is my everyday life perspective. I like to pay attention to obvious, everyday situations and simple things, which can get so easily lost in our living routine. I love to draw them without any pathos attached in order to accentuate their lovability and bring their quality to the surface as clear as possible.”

1950 born in Wittenberg, Germany
1955 childhood filled with play and room for personal development in a landscape with far-reaching horizon
1956 learned to ride the bicycle
1974 received academic graduate Diploma (Bachelor) in architecture
1974 worked, painted and lived in Berlin, Germany
1978 young mother with three children
1987 started working at the Bauhaus-University Weimar teaching students free hand drawing, color and architecture among other things

Interested in the pastel media since around 1990 Hanna developed her own very distinctive style of “writing” her wonderful artwork.
She says that throughout her life she has always been more comfortable with the line of the pencil than with the stroke of the brush.
In Hannas work you can see her love for clear forms and the interplay of light, shadow and color.
Her most frequent subject matter is Bewegung – translated motion

____ ____

click this link for the ►► Pastel artist Interview with Hanna Aschenbach

Enjoy some fantastic pastel works from Hanna Aschenbach, click on any image to view in large and leave her a comment or two:)

____ ____

____ ____

____

Sue Nichol Sue Nichol 2771 posts

I have loved Hanna’s work ever since I joined RB, great to see it featured here.

Cindy Schnackel Cindy Schnackel 5042 posts

Very nice, love your light and shadow! Congrats!

desktop tablet-landscape content-width tablet-portrait workstream-4-across phone-landscape phone-portrait
desktop tablet-landscape content-width tablet-portrait workstream-4-across phone-landscape phone-portrait