ENGLAND - South and South West ❤️❤️ - Please add Country and nearest town/village into description

England - South and South West - Please add County and nearest town/village into description

Features for 2nd August 2016

lezvee lezvee 9823 posts

Greetings from soggy Devon!! I think we will soon all grow webbed feet – ugh! Looking through our beautiful gallery though lifts the spirits and we can see just how beautiful our region is.
Firstly though we have to congratulate Sue Martin for having her lovely picture of Detling Church voted as the Member’s Feature Choice. This picture is now on the home page for this week and Sue will have our special banner.

For those new to the group and to remind those who may have forgotten this is how the MFC works: we make a choice of 12 images to feature each week. It is then over to you, the members, to choose your favourite featured image, whether or not you have a feature below. All members are invited to look in and vote.
Choose which picture you think deserves to be labelled Feature Of The Week and write it down in the comments section at the end of this presentation. We have both enjoyed reading your notes about your choices. Thank you for that – it’s good to know what you all like and, where possible, your reason for choosing if you feel you would like to share your thoughts. Otherwise please just mention which picture you vote for.

THIS WEEK’S FEATURES – each chosen for the visual appeal, the quality of the presentation and the completeness of the composition Messages to the artists are welcome at the end of this page (along with your vote) and also each image may be clicked on to take you to the original.

Vapour Moth Caterpillar (Orgyia antiqua) by Ludwig Wagner

Wildflower Sunset, Near Birling Gap, East Sussex, UK by Howard Widdison

Wild seas of Lands End. Cornwall by hans p olsen

Step inside……….. by Photography by Mathilde

Ripening by chihuahuashower

Lydford Gorge by David Haughton

Lest we Forget by Yampimon

Two Foxgloves at Houndtor by kalaryder

Breakfasting on the Buddleia by Photography by Mathilde

Silly Wet Dog by Yampimon

After the storm by chihuahuashower

Claret & Blue by RedHillDigital

CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL OUR FEATURED ARTISTS

NEW CHALLENGE “BLUE SKIES” LAUNCHED TODAY: this has a different “prize”!! Take a look here:

hwiddison hwiddison 54 posts

Thankyou for adding mine into the selection this week. I am choosing “Step Inside” by Mathilde this week. Well done Sue for winning last weeks!

chihuahuashower chihuahuashower 421 posts

Thank you for including mine :) my vote goes to Lydford Gorge

Ludwig Wagner Ludwig Wagner 749 posts

Congratulations all, beautiful work and thank you very much for my feature!

RedHillDigital RedHillDigital 489 posts

Thanks again for including my Claret & Blue shot in the latest selection of features. My vote this week goes to Mr Haughton’s Lydford Gorge – a fine image!

Photography  by Mathilde Photography b... 3958 posts

Thank you for including two of my images, Lesley and congratulations to Sue and all those featured this week. My vote is for Wild seas of Lands End. Cornwall by hans p olsen – chosen for composition and immediate visual impact

lezvee lezvee 9823 posts

Message from Mik: Congratulations to everybody and I love them all, but fell in love with Lydford Gorge.

Yampimon Yampimon 523 posts

Wild seas of Lands End. Cornwall by hans p olsen gets my vote, Thanks for including two of my pictures

lezvee lezvee 9823 posts

My choice out of these 12 fantastic pictures is Lydford Gorge for the magical light streaming through the picture.

LydiaBlonde LydiaBlonde 27 posts

I Like the Silly Wet Dog best

marxbrothers marxbrothers 409 posts

well done everyone featured ……..my vote is going to Lydford Gorge by David Haughton .stand out photo

widdy170 widdy170 58 posts

lovely photos this week hard to split the two both stand out Breakfasting on the Buddleia by Photography by Mathilde the colour stands out and the Lydford Gorge by David Haughton the light shines beautifully through but I had to choose one but Breakfasting on the Buddleia by Photography by Mathilde wins it for me this week!

lezvee lezvee 9823 posts

Thank you all for your replies and votes

desktop tablet-landscape content-width tablet-portrait workstream-4-across phone-landscape phone-portrait
desktop tablet-landscape content-width tablet-portrait workstream-4-across phone-landscape phone-portrait