Cat's Pajamas & Dog's Tuxedo

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. - George Carlin

03-01-11....FEATURED ARTIST: Svetlana Novikova

© Kira Bodensted © Kira Bodensted 3823 posts

CONGRATULATIONS! I am proud to present the FEATURED ARTIST of MARCH: Svetlana Novikova
We invite you to join with us in a big round of “verbal applause” by adding a few words
of encouragement before leaving, or click on image for Artist’s page. THANK YOU!

Here are a few words that Svetlana has written to tell us about herself:

I am an award winning professional artist specializing in Contemporary Impressionistic paintings. I was born in Moscow, Russia. I loved painting since I was a child. At the age of 19, I made a big decision to come to US to pursue education. I studied at University of Maine. After graduating, I got married, and now we live in Austin, TX with my husband and son.

I’ve been doing free lance art professionally for over 12 years. I also teach Art at a private school and in groups. I love vibrant colors, and I enjoy using watercolors, acrylics, palette knives.

My artworks have been featured in several magazines and on TV (Austin Woman, Whole Lifestyle, Austin Pets, Just Frenchies, Sphynx Cats, Channel Austin, and more).

Here are some of Svetlana’s beautiful paintings*

Whimsical Cat painting in flowers Svetlana Novikova
by Svetlana Novikova

Black Cat Watercolor portrait Painting Svetlana Novikova
by Svetlana Novikova

Impressionistic Ragdoll Cat painting Svetlana Novikova
by Svetlana Novikova

Watercolor Calico Tubby Cat painting Svetlana Novikova
by Svetlana Novikova

Sphynx Cat painting #32 Svetlana Novikova
by Svetlana Novikova

Sphynx Cat painting #3 Svetlana Novikova
by Svetlana Novikova

Sphynx Cat hissing painting Svetlana Novikova
by Svetlana Novikova

Sphynx Cat portrait #14 painting Svetlana Novikova
by Svetlana Novikova

Devon Rex kittens Cat painting Svetlana Novikova
by Svetlana Novikova

Watercolor Siamese Cat painting Svetlana Novikova
by Svetlana Novikova

Watercolor Siamese Cat painting #2 Svetlana Novikova
by Svetlana Novikova

Impressionistic Tuxedo Cat painting Svetlana Novikova
by Svetlana Novikova

Feel free to add your favourite pictures from Svetlana Novikova’s delightful portfolio on this PERMANENT FEATURE PAGE.
See more of Svetlana’s work on her page and on the front page of the group.

Rosehaven Rosehaven 1062 posts

Svetlana I am totally in awe of your work , such an incredible Artist I very much enjoy watching your work coming into the CATS PAJAMAS GROUP & am so thrilled Kira has chosen one so worthy of being FEATURED ARTIST , the third for CATS PAJAMAS GROUP .This work I adore , I too absolutely love colour and I think this is fabulous !Warmest Wishes ~ Lynne

Heidi Mooney-Hill Heidi Mooney-Hill 1190 posts

Congradulations Svetlana

Pam Humbargar Pam Humbargar 650 posts

Congratulations Svetlana, your cat paintings are outstanding!!! Love them all:))

Svetlana  Novikova Svetlana Novi... 5 posts

Thank you so much! I really appreciate it :-))

desktop tablet-landscape content-width tablet-portrait workstream-4-across phone-landscape phone-portrait
desktop tablet-landscape content-width tablet-portrait workstream-4-across phone-landscape phone-portrait