British Portrait Artists

For photography, paint and pencil, of People only.

Hello!

sarnia2 sarnia2 2164 posts

Hi,
I have been looking for a group that accepts portraits of all kinds of mediums.
I am British (born in the Channel Islands-please remember these islands are under the UK, but have their own local government) but have been living in Scotland for 28 years.
I used to do a lot of portraits but ‘freehand’ took a back seat for a long time.
I recently picked up the pencils again, but now have the added technology of Photoshop where I can add some mixed media background and depth to my original freehand portraits. I really enojy doing celbrity portraits; mainly ‘legendary’ ones!
My gallery is full of variety: digital art, mixed media, photography, freehand. I love creating greeting cards also.
I am 53 years young and have loved art all my life!
Just thought I would pop by and introduce myself.
Cheers and have a great day!
Sarnia2 (Angie)

Stan Owen Stan Owen 16 posts

Hi Angie,
Nice to say hello to you !
I’m a retired Policeman, two of our sons left the the army and they are both serving Police Officers. I do not have any talent for drawing at all but discovered digital photography a few years back, after joining June Whitfields funeral club and received a small digital camera for doing so ! My wife Anne & I live in Newton-le-Willows, which is mid way between Liverpool & Manchester. Most of my work is landscape but I do tinker about with a little abstract stuff. I have just done a couple of portrait shots which I have yet to put in my gallery. I can’t get to grips with Adobe Photoshop. I use Serif, Picasa 3 and OptikverveLabs (all one word). I look forward to seeing your work. Once again, nice to meet you Angie.

Kind Regards
Stan

SquarePeg SquarePeg 174 posts

Nice yo meet you, Angie. Thank you for taking the time to introduce yourself.