OFFLINE - FEATURED WORK ONLY - The Best Features of RedBubble - READ SUBMISSION GUIDELINES! - High Quality Featured Work only please.

RB PREVIOUSLY FEATURED Art ONLY! - NO NUDITY; NO iPHONES; NO CLOTHING or OTHER ITEMS; NO STICKERS- 2 SUBMISSIONS PER DAY - FEATURED WORK ONLY!!!! HIGH QUALITY WORK ONLY - Only the best work accepted.

Featured Member Spotlight - Janis Zroback

rocamiadesign rocamiadesign 2802 posts

Our Featured Spotlight Member for June is Janis Zroback

Painting is my passion…..Over the years, I have taught art at the college level and privately in the studio, and I have been a frequent contributor to Canada’s premier decorating and art magazines.
My television appearances include several popular decorating shows, my work has been featured in numerous publications, and can also be found in many private homes around the city.

State your name and the type of art you do:
I am Janis Zroback and I create traditional art in a variety of media, including, pastels, charcoal, acrylic, inks, oils, gouache, but primarily watercolour…

Which form of art do you enjoy the most?
I enjoy painting in watercolour the most as it is not a static medium…..it allows me to have a dialogue with the paper and there are continual surprises as it moves and changes…I paint wet on wet…

Why is art & creativity important to you?
For me creating art is like breathing…I think some part of me would die if I could not paint…

Do you consider yourself more of a traditional or digital artist?
I am definitely a traditional artist…

How did you first get interested in art?
I have been interested in painting since I was a child…in fact in my writing pages here I have included paintings I did when I was seven years old…

How does being an artist affect the way that you look at the world around you?
Everywhere I look, and every time I look around me, I see a painting….in the landscape, the city streets, the faces on the metro, the clothing people wear…I am continually absorbing influences which affect everything I create…

What is your favorite subject to paint, and why?
My favourite subjects to paint are food as in my Delicious series, faces, and anything involving lots of textures and colours…though I paint many different subjects and in a myriad of styles, there is something running through all of them that is distinctly mine and which is instantly recognizable…

What equipment / tools do you use?
My studio, parts of which are pictured in my writing and art pages, is like a mini art supply shop, filled with every type of material and tool…
I have lots of storage cupboards and floor to ceiling shelving as I like to have everything at hand in case I decide to work in a particular medium or use a particular support…
I often buy items I find intriguing and though I may not use them for years, they eventually all get used….

Do you have any tips to share with us?
I regularly post articles on painting and information about marketing in my writing and journal pages, that all RB members regardless of their chosen medium, would find useful…

What do you get out of being part of The Best of Redbubble group?
I am a new member of the Best of Redbubble group, but so far I have found it incredibly exciting to see the wonderful works produced by the artists on this site in one place…it truly is an exciting experience to go through the groups art pages…

Share something cool or exciting that has happened to you since you have been on the bubble.
I have had many lovely things happen to me since I joined in 2008..some of the most exciting were when my studio was featured in an American magazine as an inspirational place to paint, when I learned that a school in the U.K. is studying my work in their art classes instead of the traditional artists that most schools study, when my painting was chosen to represent the trend for next year in all facets of manufacturing from luxury cars to bath towels, and when I was commissioned by a huge international cosmetic company to create images that represent the keynotes of their fragrances….
I chronicle these and other exciting events in my journal pages here….

I love being part of the Redbubble community and look forward to being here for many more years….

RENE’S PICKS

Folk Art Melon
by Janis Zroback

Cherries…Ripe
by Janis Zroback

Delicious….Lucious Layer Cake with Berries and Whipped Cream
by Janis Zroback

Landscape Abstract…The Niagara Escarpment
by Janis Zroback

EMILIE’S PICKS

Tropical Fandango
by Janis Zroback

Dragonfly…Towards The Light 2
by Janis Zroback

Tropics…Couleurs Fantastiques
by Janis Zroback

The Poppy Journals…Blue and Red
by Janis Zroback

KATHLEEN’S PICKS

Flowers…Echinacea Purpurea 2 (Coneflower)
by Janis Zroback

Portrait…The Temptation
by Janis Zroback

Winter..The Trees…Grateful
by Janis Zroback

Trees…Imagination
by Janis Zroback

“Trees…Imagination” isn’t in the group yet, but will be featured as soon as we get it.

MWhitham MWhitham 22 posts

Inspired! Thanks for your chat and I enjoyed the pictures too. I like the energy that comes from your colour use.
All the best, Martin

vaggypar vaggypar 12861 posts

Nice Work .!!

Jaclyn Hughes Jaclyn Hughes 5308 posts

Fabulous choice ladies! Congrats to you Janis. It is so great to learn new things about our artists!

virginian virginian 12873 posts

Congratulations Janis.

Geraldine M Leahy Geraldine M Leahy 340 posts

Congrats,Janis! Well deserved!

Manon Boily Manon Boily 3447 posts

fantastic! congratulations for that well deserved honor!

Cindy Schnackel Cindy Schnackel 5036 posts

Beautiful choices to showcase the variety of work! Congratulations, Janis!

Rene Hales Rene Hales 780 posts

CONGRATULATONS! I love your work and have enjoyed reading your articles on art, artists and promoting our works.—Rene

©Janis Zroback ©Janis Zroback 8190 posts

I just popped in for a minute to thank you all for this incredible honor…I am on holidays right now, but will definitely come back to answer any questions you might want to ask me….

rocamiadesign rocamiadesign 2802 posts

Congratulations on your feature, Janis! Your paintings are so beautiful, vibrant and full of life that it’s an honor for us to have you in this group. I doubt that there is anybody who has been at RedBubble for more than a couple of months who isn’t familiar with your artworks. You are an inspiration to all of us.

AuntDot AuntDot 4890 posts

Congratulations, Janis!

wolfepaw wolfepaw 1255 posts

Congratulations, Janis, on your richly deserved feature! I love your style and sense of color! Your art has such boldness and depth and a very tactile element to it. We are so proud to have your work in our gallery and I am very happy that the group now accepts traditional art such as yours. I really think it makes our gallery more complete and a true representation of the Best of RedBubble!

Darlene Lankford Honeycutt Darlene Lankfo... 1896 posts

BEAUTIFUL WORKS OF ART! CONGRATULATIONS!

ambermay ambermay 332 posts

Outstanding work! Thank you for sharing your talent Janis and congratulations!

leih2008 leih2008 1484 posts

Janis enjoyed your share and inspiration. Also found a “Fav” or two of your work! Congratulations!

Amlan Sanyal Amlan Sanyal 7 posts

Its a joy to watch your beautiful pics.

Thank you so much everyone…I really appreciate it…

Mike Dineen Mike Dineen 172 posts

Janice, your work is beautiful

The best way to predict your future is to create it
your creativity is beautiful

Thank you so much Mike…very nice of you to say so…

desktop tablet-landscape content-width tablet-portrait workstream-4-across phone-landscape phone-portrait
desktop tablet-landscape content-width tablet-portrait workstream-4-across phone-landscape phone-portrait