CLOSED - FEATURED WORK ONLY - The Best Features of RedBubble - READ SUBMISSION GUIDELINES! - High Quality Featured Work only please.

RB PREVIOUSLY FEATURED Art ONLY! - NO NUDITY; NO iPHONES; NO CLOTHING or OTHER ITEMS; NO STICKERS- 2 SUBMISSIONS PER DAY - FEATURED WORK ONLY!!!! HIGH QUALITY WORK ONLY - Only the best work accepted.

How to make a dream come true

John Poon John Poon 624 posts

I have been asked a few times how I process some of my images, especially on a few flower shots. While I am honored that my techniques are at least pleasing to some, I must profess that I can only consider myself as an amateur Photoshop user. I really am quite clueless. The best advise I can give anyone is to learn by having fun fooling around with all the features an image processing program has to offer. It always helps to use images that you like, and of high quality to begin with….

Please follow This Link for a look at how I processed Purple Dreams shown below

Thank you for reading, and feel free to contribute to the discussion :)

Teacup Teacup 133 posts

thanks for the link John and all the info… x

Jaclyn Hughes Jaclyn Hughes 5308 posts

Thank you John for your link…. that was very informative. Love it!

Christopher Ray Peters Christopher Ra... 15 posts

Thank you for this. Not only do I have an older version of photoshop (CS2) I’m still such a noob, so these types of tut’s help immensely.
Thank you so much!

wolfepaw wolfepaw 1255 posts

Thanks, John, for the link and the very interesting explanation about your postwork. I saw some very useful tips!

rocamiadesign rocamiadesign 2802 posts

Thank you for this tutorial, John! I especially liked the information about how to make this effect without Fractalius. I like the Fractalilus filter, but it has a tendency to hang up on my computer. I’ll let it sit for 20 minutes, hoping that it is just taking time to process, but nothing happens and I usually end up having to press ‘Escape’ to cancel the filter. I’m to try the Photoshop filters to get the same effect and see how that works.

I like some of what fractalius does… but don’t know if it will work with paint shop. And I am sure that the Digital Art Gods will want to strike me down, I don’t really like Photoshop. lol I have use Paint Shop for years… although the new one is a bit different (weird) when I HAD to use photoshop to do some prints before… i hated it. Nothing made sense to me cause it wasn’t PSP. lol

John Poon John Poon 624 posts

Kathleen, Fractalius is very memory and processor intensive :( I have the same problem like you, I find I have to scale down anything over 5000×5000 or else it won’t work at all. And I can hear the virtue memory disc working hard when I use the filter.

Fractalius by itself can make some pretty cool eye candy out of ordinary images, eh Jaclyn? It is hard to resist the temptation of running the filter on everything and call them art. Hehe, I hear distant thunder clouds roaring….

lol John…. I have seen some fabulous work done by fractalius….. i just never used it yet. Cause I dont use photoshop….(those distant clouds just got closer and I see a lil lightning lol) And anyone who uses it, uses photoshop. i havent had a chance to get it and try it out though to see if it works with paint shop. I could have a ball with that with my photography.

desktop tablet-landscape content-width tablet-portrait workstream-4-across phone-landscape phone-portrait
desktop tablet-landscape content-width tablet-portrait workstream-4-across phone-landscape phone-portrait